• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Whelp, there goes the neighborhood.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
I love mine. Have a 2" roloc disc on it for the most part, and use it quite a bit. I need to make an arbor to take cutoff discs that are too small for the 4.5" angle grinder. I'd actually like to pick up another one, but might spring for the straight grinder instead. One can never have too many grinders.

The BEST part about it, is that it's small and controllable enough for my Son to use so he can help me deburr weldments :D.

Fiddled around over the weekend, but didn't really get out there and working as much as I should have... 20240203_173334.jpg
This isn't the best picture of the marker light on the fender, but I didn't find any better ones.
20240305_143331.jpg
I didn't like the look of the marker light, so I picked up some LED ones that I am recessing into the fender..
20240305_143318_1.jpg

20240305_143249.jpg
Poor fender probably should have been replaced, as it's got more than one rust repair needed...... Due to being poor, I am going to try and fix it.....:rolleyes:

How's Blinky doing ?
Conehead the Bavarian is doing okay, somehow managed to take his own stitches out and the cone/collar gave him a pretty good rash and some matted fur. That was yesterday's fun, lots of conditioner and soaking, and I think we are ahead of the game. Little bugger is sure sucking up the extra attention.........

Been a little bit limited on time to get at this, not to mention a little bit of project- lockup that I tend to get when I am having a hard time solving a problem. Plan A always worries the heck out of me when I have no plan B.....:rolleyes:
20240310_161821.jpg
I was starting to think I was going to have to post a picture of the Cheez Wiz and dill pickle sandwich I made yesterday, just to show I made something.....:rolleyes:

However....... Plan A worked fairly well, so I have pictures. First I need to go puppy wrangling, need to get one of them Shetland roping ponies for herding them up....:p

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
However....... Plan A worked fairly well, so I have pictures.

Your mind is absolutely warped.......

But I LOVE IT! I have tears running down my face and my wife thinks I've lost it. There is always a laugh around every corner you travel. I hope you never change. You are amazing just the way you are!

20240310_154918.jpg
Within this mess is the simple hammer form that I am going to use to make the part that close off the back of the rocker panel.
20240311_122018.jpg
A little heat, a whole lot of banging, a little more heat, more bashing, rinse and repeat..
20240311_130031.jpg
The blank as it came off of the hammer form. Now to trim it and do a little more forming.
20240311_133142.jpg getting closer...... 20240311_163513.jpg
The new piece next to the old one.
20240311_164738.jpg

It's not perfect but it is perfectly good enough for me. I will do a little more manipulating as I tack it in.
Now that I have a finish line, I can extend the rocker to meet this piece.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Very nice.

View attachment 45420
Within this mess is the simple hammer form that I am going to use to make the part that close off the back of the rocker panel.
View attachment 45421
A little heat, a whole lot of banging, a little more heat, more bashing, rinse and repeat..
View attachment 45422
The blank as it came off of the hammer form. Now to trim it and do a little more forming.
View attachment 45423getting closer......View attachment 45424
The new piece next to the old one.
View attachment 45425

It's not perfect but it is perfectly good enough for me. I will do a little more manipulating as I tack it in.
Now that I have a finish line, I can extend the rocker to meet this piece.

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
Been a little bit limited on time to get at this, not to mention a little bit of project- lockup that I tend to get when I am having a hard time solving a problem. Plan A always worries the heck out of me when I have no plan B.....:rolleyes:
View attachment 45418
I was starting to think I was going to have to post a picture of the Cheez Wiz and dill pickle sandwich I made yesterday, just to show I made something.....:rolleyes:

However....... Plan A worked fairly well, so I have pictures. First I need to go puppy wrangling, need to get one of them Shetland roping ponies for herding them up....:p
I’m deeply concerned about both your mental health, and your kidneys. Enough sodium there to kill a donkey.