• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Whelp, there goes the neighborhood.

I figured that I would start a thread of some of the random doings that go on around here. If I ever get back to on-topic type projects, I will try and give them their own thread.
They say that the line between brilliance and insanity is pretty thin line, I'll let you be the judge.

slow-poke

Ultra Member
Cute as a button.

I was flying home yesterday and the couple across the isle had their 7 month old with them, just adorable. I think the older you get the more adorable they become.

........ which brings me to the problem at hand.
20221018_104554.jpg
It turns out that if you buy the cheapest truck you find after months of looking, it might come with a few issues.....
That being said, I have been using it for about 15 years now with minimal issues, so I figured that I should try and tackle some of rust in the cab that it came with. It had a 5th wheel on the back of it and I bought an old wore out box off the local highway contractor, I put a new floor etc in the box when I first got it , and that part is mostly okay, at least for now.

....... Just pull it into the shop and get it done you say...
But, I have no shop, says I......

*This is the time where, if you are a stickler for building permits, zoning regulations and other assorted sundries of civil obedience, you should probably turn away*.......

I'll give you a minute to decide, have a few chores to attend. ;)

Off to the tickle trunk for a quick look-see as to what I have....... Hmmmm two twenty foot sea cans, a little bit short, but, so is the truck........ A 12 foot flat deck from a truck I parted out the year before last...... A princess auto truck crane I picked up a couple years ago, and a shelterlogic carport thing that I got from Canadian Tire......
Must be something that I can do with that....

Tecnico

(Dave)
Somebody before me figured that if they filled the rocker with silicone the problem would go away.......:rolleyes:
Simple, just fix it, right?......
Oh, if life were only so easy....

Oooh that’s ugly. Kind of like east coast customization by salt. :(

Look at it this way, it’s an opportunity to show off your sheet metal skills to the group. I bet you’ll get plenty of advice from all of us too far away to be anything but a big fat help! ;)

Any donor carcasses out there in the scrap yards?

D :cool:

Oooh that’s ugly. Kind of like east coast customization by salt. :(

Look at it this way, it’s an opportunity to show off your sheet metal skills to the group. I bet you’ll get plenty of advice from all of us too far away to be anything but a big fat help! ;)

Any donor carcasses out there in the scrap yards?

D :cool:
I have been looking, but not much around here for scrap yards, and it seems to be a bit of a problem area in these.....
My sheet metal skills are next to nonexistent, but, not being one to let fear and good judgement stand in the way........:rolleyes: