• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Whelp, there goes the neighborhood.

Figured I would start today by making the inner structure from below the door hinge. Once things go back together one corner of the step assembly will attach to this. The old piece was badly bent and torn beyond my ability to repair from an old accident from before my time.
20240327_142309.jpg

20240327_142300.jpg
First time I used my bead roller, in my excitement I put it on the wrong direction. Shoulda been an insy rather than the outsy I went with. No matter, you guys won't tell on me. :rolleyes:
20240327_142258.jpg 20240327_142255.jpg 20240327_142214.jpg
Once I put the cab back down next I will place the step and mark out the holes for drilling.

20240327_182803.jpg
Since I had some success this morning, I figured that I would start on that pesky inner structure.
20240327_182805.jpg
It's going to need quite a bit of massaging to get everything nested together as it should be, but I think I can get it from here...
20240327_182819.jpg 20240327_182755.jpg

Tomorrow I have to try and make some money to fund this lavish lifestyle, so this is probably going to sit for a day or two.

20240408_102945.jpg
I got tired of plugging and unplugging the welding cords when I am switching back and forth between the tig and mig, so I welded two metal boxes back to back and put a 50 amp plug on both sides and stuck it on the end of an extension cord.... I won't be using both welders at the same time and neither at full output. As I go along, I am trying to push myself more to the tig welder and just using the mig to tack and plug weld ..

20240402_200707.jpg
Got the dimple formed....
20240409_190739.jpg

20240409_190759.jpg

Been slowly tweeking the layers and have them nesting together pretty good, and I am getting closer to welding them in. Doesn't look like I am going to be ready by early spring.... Lol
I have decided that I don't care if it takes all summer, I would rather enjoy the journey and do the best I can rather than rush it, and hate that I cut corners that I shouldn't have......

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Floor space? counter space? I thought you were one of us?? Those clamps even look like you put them there on purpose:)

20240407_200318-jpg.46483

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
View attachment 46482
I got tired of plugging and unplugging the welding cords when I am switching back and forth between the tig and mig, so I welded two metal boxes back to back and put a 50 amp plug on both sides and stuck it on the end of an extension cord.... I won't be using both welders at the same time and neither at full output. As I go along, I am trying to push myself more to the tig welder and just using the mig to tack and plug weld ..
I need to do the same, but have just not got around to it. It's a PITA to wheel my cart out, shoehorn my fat ass in behind and swap plugs at the wall for which welder I'll be using. I have the plugs, I have the box, I have the cord, I have everything to do it except the time and motivation to put other stuff on hold and get it done.

I need to do the same, but have just not got around to it. It's a PITA to wheel my cart out, shoehorn my fat ass in behind and swap plugs at the wall for which welder I'll be using. I have the plugs, I have the box, I have the cord, I have everything to do it except the time and motivation to put other stuff on hold and get it done.
I looked at my little pile of parts for a month or so before I decided to get my butt in gear and make life easier.....

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Did you just daisy the receptacles together? (you don't have to tell the internet if you don't want to.....:) From what I gather it's hot topic on whether it's code compliant or not.

I bought these terminal blocks, but have also though about just making some terminal strips from brass stock to split the power.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01BSPR4PO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Amazon says I bought them back in march 2021.....They should be acclimatized to the shop by now I'd think.....:D

I thought about taped up splice bolts, or polaris connectors too. Lots of ways to do it, but at the time I was doing some control cabinet stuff at work and thought a nice din rail setup would be a neat way to go about it....

Did you just daisy the receptacles together? (you don't have to tell the internet if you don't want to.....:) From what I gather it's hot topic on whether it's code compliant or not.

I bought these terminal blocks, but have also though about just making some terminal strips from brass stock to split the power.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01BSPR4PO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Amazon says I bought them back in march 2021.....They should be acclimatized to the shop by now I'd think.....:D

I thought about taped up splice bolts, or polaris connectors too. Lots of ways to do it, but at the time I was doing some control cabinet stuff at work and thought a nice din rail setup would be a neat way to go about it....
Yes I twisted two wires together on the one side and jumpered to the other...... I am pretty sure that there's going to be a rule against it, but for my private purposes I think it will be fine. The power is disconnected anytime it's not in use, so it is never left unattended.
The world has so many rules and regulations it's no wonder that nobody wants to do anything anymore...... I like doing things, so I expect to break a few rules here and there.....

Floor space? counter space? I thought you were one of us?? Those clamps even look like you put them there on purpose:)

20240407_200318-jpg.46483
Only because the work space is only 7'x12'...... You will notice that I only show a part of that small space...... It's ok, we are still brothers from another mother, although, with the little welding table out of the basement shop it almost appears that some cleaning may have taken place there as well, I will need to address that issue shortly.....:rolleyes:

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Only because the work space is only 7'x12'...... You will notice that I only show a part of that small space...... It's ok, we are still brothers from another mother, although, with the little welding table out of the basement shop it almost appears that some cleaning may have taken place there as well, I will need to address that issue shortly.....:rolleyes:
Nothing like a bit of space to get the mind wandering of what would go good there.
I have to confess to some reorganizing in my shop too, I think I stared into the pictures of those clean shops too long and it burnt into my retinas! and I admit it now I will (gasp) be doing more, the worlds going to hell anyways might as well be miserable in an organized shop:D