• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Whelp, there goes the neighborhood.

20240226_200715.jpg
It's not perfect, but nobody is going to see it and I am old enough to forget that it wasn't perfect in a day or two..... I still need to put a curved flange on the lower left, I think I am going to try a tipping die on the cheap bead roller on a few pieces of scrap. If I can't figure out how to make it work, I will hammer form it using the inside of the hub opening n a big brake drum I have.
I screwed up the angle on the upper right corner a little bit, but I will just cut a little wedge of scrap and fill the void.

20240227_175437.jpg
I got the back half of the rocker stuck into place....
20240227_182906.jpg
Now to make the front side of the rocker. I cut out the spot welds and split the two halves....
20240227_194149.jpg

About then, I head some death screams coming from the back yard..... Puppies were outside playing under the travel trailer and this little one found something sharp and very nearly removed his one eye, so, a couple stitches and a kings ransom, the little darling should be good as new again in a couple weeks.....:rolleyes:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
a couple stitches and a kings ransom, the little darling should be good as new again in a couple weeks.....:rolleyes:

I usually stitch the critters up myself. Vets charge too much. Done it once on myself too. Would have stiched up a grandson too, his dad was all for it but the DIL was not having anything to do with it.

We call it the Cone of Shame.

I usually stitch the critters up myself. Vets charge too much. Done it once on myself too. Would have stiched up a grandson too, his dad was all for it but the DIL was not having anything to do with it.

We call it the Cone of Shame.
I call it the cone of shame as well...... They definitely learn a little bit about spacial awareness, it's cruel perhaps to laugh at them as they come to a hard stop from time to time, but what can I say, I am an azz. :rolleyes:
The poor little guy opened up the corner of his eye, both above and below, there was enough eyeball exposed that I was concerned that it might come out.. there is no way my hands are steady enough for trying to fix that with a squirming puppy....:oops:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
The poor little guy opened up the corner of his eye, both above and below, there was enough eyeball exposed that I was concerned that it might come out.. there is no way my hands are steady enough for trying to fix that with a squirming puppy....:oops:

My hands are not that steady anymore either. I prolly wouldn't tackle a cut that close to an eyeball. I guess it all boils down to the situation. It's just that I hate paying vet prices - especially for something I can do myself. The squirmyness isn't a big problem either, you just wrap em up like in a straight jacket till they can't move.

20240228_110631.jpg
Before I start on the outside half of the rocker I figured that I should repair its other tie in end so it has something to attach to. There's so much missing metal that I kinda have to guess as to what it should be like.....
20240228_112031.jpg
.... cut back to some solid metal.
20240229_173555.jpg

Repair patch made and stuck in.....

20240227_182913.jpg well, time to face the music and try and figure out how to make this part. Probably going to make it out of multiple pieces...... 20240229_170928.jpg making a paper template so I know how much metal I am going to need. 20240229_172040.jpg
Paper template made, and this is where I left off for the day......

On the puppy front, it's been a disappointing week. The people who made an appointment to pick one up suddenly disappeared, little scarface made sure that the vet ate good this week, and the first puppy to leave is back....... After he left, I had a bad feeling and it never went away, fortunately the person who got him realized that he made a mistake and brought him back..... Glad to have him back but I hope that doesn't happen again....

20240301_174420.jpg
20240301_174417.jpg I formed most of it from one piece. I split the bottom to widen it to match the needed flare to meet the fender and am fitting a piece on the end to tie it in. Once I am happy with the fit, I will remove it and go over the welds and see if I can warp the heck out of it before I am done. It certainly isn't perfect, but so far I am pretty happy with how it's coming along, it's just painfully slow trying to learn and not make a mess of it.

That's what welders, grinders and winter are for. Looks better than the nothing that was before:cool:, you're getting there.
That is half the problem...... Trying to imagine what it would look like if it was still there, and I would have to cut the other side apart if I want to look at it to compare the two. I have enough to do without that.....:rolleyes:
Yes, I have a hot date or two with a grinder in the near future. Speaking of which, I am thinking about getting a Milwaukee m12 90 degree die grinder, anyone have any experience with them?

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
That is half the problem...... Trying to imagine what it would look like if it was still there, and I would have to cut the other side apart if I want to look at it to compare the two. I have enough to do without that.....:rolleyes:
Yes, I have a hot date or two with a grinder in the near future. Speaking of which, I am thinking about getting a Milwaukee m12 90 degree die grinder, anyone have any experience with them?
I absolutely Love mine. Spring for some Roloc disks to go with it and a set of carbide burrs and you're cooking with gas . You'll be giving a way half your files and all your sandpaper. Get an extra battery.

I absolutely Love mine. Spring for some Roloc disks to go with it and a set of carbide burrs and you're cooking with gas . You'll be giving a way half your files and all your sandpaper. Get an extra battery.
Absolutely what I was hoping to hear. I have a pretty good selection of carbide burrs from my straight die grinders.... Two batteries, for sure....
Never giving away the files, they have saved my bacon too many times, besides, what would I use in my die filer?:rolleyes:

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
Absolutely what I was hoping to hear. I have a pretty good selection of carbide burrs from my straight die grinders.... Two batteries, for sure....
Never giving away the files, they have saved my bacon too many times, besides, what would I use in my die filer?:rolleyes:
You probably could have used 8 mm taps, but I guess that ship has sailed, huh?