Pallets of 4140

Dogpounder

Just saw this would like a bar or 2 or the 4" for hammer heads and guillotine dies. I would be fiune with 150$ Worth.

Bofobo

M,Mizera(BOFOBO)
If any one or even two, of those who took a log feels it is deserved, I could use 2 slices @1"thick please? That's all I can conceive to ever need so I did not take a whole. Please and thank ye.

kylemp

If any one or even two, of those who took a log feels it is deserved, I could use 2 slices @1"thick please? That's all I can conceive to ever need so I did not take a whole. Please and thank ye.
If I can find a saw to cut it with I can give you that.. no promises when that's going to happen though

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
until I finish my gantry crane I can't move mine onto the saw. Will keep you in mind. Too many springtime things to do at the moment!

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor

Mike - josh and I will get you a couple slices one way or another.

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
I bought $75 worth of power hacksaw blades (4) they should be showing up in the next couple of days.

I am going to time the cut duration for one of the logs. I invite anyone else with a log and a bandsaw to time also for comparison.

JW

UboatCmdr

I really wish I found this thread a week ago.... :(

The ad is still up so fingers crossed that he still has some haha.

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
I really wish I found this thread a week ago.... :(

The ad is still up so fingers crossed that he still has some haha.

I wouldn't get my hopes too high unfortunately. I know we cleaned out the solid stock, and Kyles friend went in afterwards to get anything else he was selling.

Sent from my phone. Plead excuse my brevity.

UboatCmdr

I actually just heard back from him, he potentially is going to have more solid stock available as early as next week.
Ill post in here when he gets back to me, I imagine you're all stocked up on 4140 now, but you never know who wants more haha.

I <3 Kijiji deals

Bofobo

M,Mizera(BOFOBO)
Found that the hole in my piece is crooked just a heads up. I don't have a manageable piece to try with but also interested in cut rate comparison.

Johnwa

Ultra Member
I've been knawwing at one with my 6x4 bandsaw. I can't cut all the way through so I had to rotate the log. After about an hour the blade jammed and I had to disassemble the saw to get the blade out. I will try again today. I think it will only take about 15 more minutes. I'm hoping the cut is square enough that my last cut will line up with the first two.

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
In other news, I got a quote from metal supermarket to see what this stuff is worth at their pricing:

4" Round:
1pc 68lbs
4” Round x (19”) Crop
4140 / 4142 HR Annealed Bar
ASTM A322
$335

Stuff with a 1" hole:
1pc – 312Lbs
4140/4142 HR Annealed Bar
ASTM/A322
6-3/4” Round x 2” ID X (30.75” )

$1665.00

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
In other news, I got a quote from metal supermarket to see what this stuff is worth at their pricing:

4" Round:
1pc 68lbs
4” Round x (19”) Crop
4140 / 4142 HR Annealed Bar
ASTM A322
$335

Stuff with a 1" hole:
1pc – 312Lbs
4140/4142 HR Annealed Bar
ASTM/A322
6-3/4” Round x 2” ID X (30.75” )

$1665.00