• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.
  • The 2026 Calgary Area Meetup is set for Saturday May 30th at 10am. The signup thread is here! Robinhood has graciously offered to host the meetup again this year. Please note that you MUST RSVP to the notice linked above if you wish to come.

3D Printer Happened

That is a lot of print pieces that looked good and one small error. Elephants foot that leads to misprint above. You can see where it lifted and then the print was pushed up against the lift as it continued to print. Adhesion issue from contamination and also from temp zones. Contamination can be just touching the build plate with your hand to take off a prior print. Could be a hot spot. Also can be an undercut that is just on the edge of being able to be printed. One way to help stop this is to use a brim, usually 5mm, I use mouse ears as they clean easy.
 
Adhesion issue from contamination and also from temp zones. Contamination can be just touching the build plate with your hand to take off a prior print. Could be a hot spot. Also can be an undercut that is just on the edge of being able to be printed. One way to help stop this is to use a brim, usually 5mm, I use mouse ears as they clean easy.

I don't know enough yet to say. I watched it happen. There seemed to be some filament smearing going on that caused a few spider webs at that corner and a few other places nearby (on the same part). I pulled out the webs when I could but that wasn't the norm. That head absolutely flies! The other areas were not on a corner but did the same thing. Notably smearing and spider webs. Everything was confined to that one part in the front left corner.
 
Back
Top