• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

What's Paul up to?

PaulL

Technologist at Large
Premium Member
I had one come off mine, but thankfully didn't do any big damage, just wrecked a pair of boxers. I gave it a tug and everything (the pto shaft...), was 100% sure it was seated on the detent. Have no idea how it came off.
I understand why they sell an under bed mower for the thing. But I'm going to find a 54" cat-1 I can drag around instead.

Bandit

Ultra Member
The 3 point mower still has a pto shaft, needs to be rite length, or other "new" problems. The coupler with the slide collar can be a major pain, I think the pin type is better, anything that rubs length wish on the collar type can unlatch it.
Maybe need a guard around the oil filter, I know 1 more thing to deal with when changing filter!

PaulL

Technologist at Large
Premium Member
Well fsck.
My last print came out like this:
badprint.jpg
Filament feed looks to be weak. Tried some cleaning, running some nylon, a dry pull. No joy.
So I set the thing to maximum heat to change the nozzle. Here's half the nozzle plasticized into my 7mm socket:
nozzle.jpg
Freaking mess. Letting it sit for a while before diassembling the head and figuring out what to do.

PaulL

Technologist at Large
Premium Member
Ugh. That doesn’t look like it’s going to be very fun to fix.
Yeah. Ordered a new hot end and sensors and heat break. Have to disassemble back far enough to redo the wiring harness but this seems to be the best way to get up and running again.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
What
Yeah. Ordered a new hot end and sensors and heat break. Have to disassemble back far enough to redo the wiring harness but this seems to be the best way to get up and running again.
I forget what kind of printer you have now.