• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Need a Dro what one to get

thriller007

Well I had some progress on mine. It says DHL has received a package that matches the 3rd tracking number they sent me. It also says expected delivery of July 14.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Well I had some progress on mine. It says DHL has received a package that matches the 3rd tracking number they sent me. It also says expected delivery of July 14.

10 days would be about right, but it was 10 days to ship and now 10 days in transit. At least it's in the DHL system now.

3rd tracking number????

Last edited:

thriller007

10 days would be about right, but it was 10 days to ship and now 10 days in transit. At least it's in the DHL system now.

3rd tracking number????
1st did not reg with DHL, 2nd just had shipping information received and 3rd was the same till it went into DHL possession.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I think there is a lot of spoofing going on with them and their shipping.
I was told mine shipped and the tracking number never did register, and then they said they resent it but I never did get another tracking number, and then they told me dhl lost the package, and then they told me I needed to provide a new address because I am remote (bullshit) and now this morning they want me to confirm a wrong address that is not mine (Alberta Beach).
I don't think i will try ordering from this outfit again.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Your experience is the exact opposite of mine. The only trouble I had was that my local DHL depot didn't deliver the two boxes at the same time.
I'm sorry that you've had an unsatisfactory experience. I hope that once you receive the product it does meet your expectations.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Your experience is the exact opposite of mine. The only trouble I had was that my local DHL depot didn't deliver the two boxes at the same time.
I'm sorry that you've had an unsatisfactory experience. I hope that once you receive the product it does meet your expectations.
Yes it's been most frustrating experience with them however yours and others positive experiences are the reason I ordered to begin with and still have hopes for a positive outcome.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member

Same here. I rate it as the smoothest on-line transactions I have made to date. Mine was delivered in two goes as well. One on a Friday and the other on the following Tues which was a little frustrating.

Craig

thriller007

Funny story is that I bought a set of parallels off of eBay.ca and then found the same set of parallels on Amazon for a little bit cheaper. I had already committed to the order from eBay so stayed with that. Ended up that the eBay seller just bought them off Amazon and had them drop shipped to me. They even came in the Amazon box. I wonder if Ally express isn’t like that? Where are you have lots of different sellers trying to pre-sell and then buying and sometimes they aren’t able to get their hands on the product as quickly as needed. Good news is once DHS gets their hands on it moves rather quickly.

Attachments

• FB0C24F7-DA57-4146-A2DD-FBE0EA53C434.png
    FB0C24F7-DA57-4146-A2DD-FBE0EA53C434.png
    224.2 KB · Views: 0

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Funny story is that I bought a set of parallels off of eBay.ca and then found the same set of parallels on Amazon for a little bit cheaper. I had already committed to the order from eBay so stayed with that. Ended up that the eBay seller just bought them off Amazon and had them drop shipped to me. They even came in the Amazon box. I wonder if Ally express isn’t like that? Where are you have lots of different sellers trying to pre-sell and then buying and sometimes they aren’t able to get their hands on the product as quickly as needed. Good news is once DHS gets their hands on it moves rather quickly.
That was not the case for me. Mine came direct from China.

Bradells

(BRad)
Hmmmm ..... I was looking at several places for a DRO ... now I'm not too sure after reading the last few pages :p

My sherline is too small for glass slides, so that kinda leaves the TouchDRO with Capacitive Scales option (or to upgrade to TouchDRO later ... I have the tablet already, just need the scales and interface box)

I've found a 300mm iGaging (whiteface square readout) DRO for $25USD/$35USD shipped (fulfilled by amazon.COM) ... I'm hoping it's .0005" reading (picture has X.XXmm displayed), as most other similar listings are twice that .. That would take care of my Z axis, although for the X axis, those would be overkill to mount....

But it also would be nice if I could just get a 3axis display and wire them in .....

Brad

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
FWIW. I had to finally cancel my aliexpress order as they insisted my address was a remote address and therefore invalid. I think it was a tactic to avoid the fact that they did not ship when they promised. Whatever the case I am disappointed and might attempt again because others have good things to say about the item. Maybe I just had bad luck.
@Bradells I have some iGaging absolute dro's on my lathe and have really liked them considering their price.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
FWIW. I had to finally cancel my aliexpress order as they insisted my address was a remote address and therefore invalid. I think it was a tactic to avoid the fact that they did not ship when they promised. Whatever the case I am disappointed and might attempt again because others have good things to say about the item. Maybe I just had bad luck.
@Bradells I have some iGaging absolute dro's on my lathe and have really liked them considering their price.

Well, that Sucks! I assume you received a full refund I hope. If @thriller007 's unit is delivered in a timely manner (ie 10 days to ship and 10 days in transit) I'm going to order mine. Maybe monitor mine to see how things go before considering re-ordering yours. What is your location anyways?

Craig

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Well, that Sucks! I assume you received a full refund I hope. If @thriller007 's unit is delivered in a timely manner (ie 10 days to ship and 10 days in transit) I'm going to order mine. Maybe monitor mine to see how things go before considering re-ordering yours. What is your location anyways?

Craig
I'm in Warner. I thought you had already ordered and received a dro from those guys.....I must be confusing people here.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
I'm in Warner. I thought you had already ordered and received a dro from those guys.....I must be confusing people here.

You're not confused at all. I ordered one last year for my mini-mill. Transaction went as smooth as could be. I need one for my RF30 now.