• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Need a Dro what one to get

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
The display when you’re programming bolt circles, linear hole, arcs or plane is just so easy to navigate.

f166b41bf9905d0032b5ac68f87f8ef4.jpg

Here you move between the fields using the four arrows just visible on the right side. Below I programmed four holes in a quarter circle on 4” radius. That took 15 seconds or so.
d56e906c3206289e629c9feec49e150f.jpg

bda7c59be79351a998716b415fbf5689.jpg

530800180618ab74bb2d5d05c3652f3c.jpg

02463203c1d126fb8268310d3c96128d.jpg

95833ed9cd44468e6aa104937821dc33.jpg

The F1, F2, F3 etc buttons correspond to the data entry fields on the screen or are used to select different values such as which plane on the incline plane program. F2 selects the XY, F3 selects XZ etc.

I just really prefer the graphical layout plus the numbers are nice and easy to read.
The red button in the lower right turns off the display but doesn’t shut off the unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh man! I think you just convinced me of spending more money again dang it. The graphical representation looks very nice.
I wonder if freezing temperatures would ruin a lcd display?

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Oh man! I think you just convinced me of spending more money again dang it. The graphical representation looks very nice.
I wonder if freezing temperatures would ruin a lcd display?
I just thought about the temperature thing....various GPS units of mine have LCD displays i believe and i know they have been froze with no visible damage. They are sluggish when cold though but so am I.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
That is a very cool DRO. I think I need one of those too. :eek::D

I looked at just about every DRO on the market. It was the display that sold me.
I bought 5 micron scales but a person could get 1 micron scales if they wanted.

thriller007

I looked at just about every DRO on the market. It was the display that sold me.
I bought 5 micron scales but a person could get 1 micron scales if they wanted.

do you have a part number for the one you bought?

thriller007

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
My experience with them was really good, and for the life of me I can't remember how you let them know what length scales you need? I'm ready to order to, but wondering how this COVID thing has affected things. My last two Amazon orders never arrived. Was going to start a thread about this very issue.

I got emails.... order accepted, shipped, tracking number, etc...

Craig

Johnwa

Ultra Member
To those of you that have used AliExpress after you pay do you get a message that you will be getting a refund in so many days and hours if your item does not ship? What kind of communication do you usually have with them. Sorry but have done hundreds of transactions on eBay and Amazon but this is the first on AliExpress

Close to when the times up you get some emails from aliexpres that your confirmation time has or will expire. If it expires without receipt of the order you have 15 days to dispute

Or..
you get an email stating that your order protection is being extended.
two of my recent orders expired, I disputed and got refunds. The others have been extended.

Johnwa

Ultra Member
All my recent orders are coming by aliexpress shipping which isn’t very fast at the best of times.
A few years ago I got my ebike kit sent by DHL. It took about 10 days. DHL is no where near as bad as UPS for extra charges. I’d look for a seller who is using them If you want o get anything in the next 6 months.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
My preferred order of carriers is DHL, USPS, DHL.......................UPS

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Close to when the times up you get some emails from aliexpres that your confirmation time has or will expire. If it expires without receipt of the order you have 15 days to dispute

Or..
you get an email stating that your order protection is being extended.
two of my recent orders expired, I disputed and got refunds. The others have been extended.

So you're saying stuff isn't coming out of China reliably???? That's what I want to know. If I order from China is it going to get here?

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I’ve never had a problem and I ordered my DRO when COVID-19 was in full swing in China.