• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Need a Dro what one to get

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Just a follow up regarding my DRO purchase. UPS did catch up with me for GST and brokerage. A whole $17.95 payable by cheque. They mailed me an invoice of all things???

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Just a follow up regarding my DRO purchase. UPS did catch up with me for GST and brokerage. A whole $17.95 payable by cheque. They mailed me an invoice of all things???

I am genuinely shocked by the low amount they charged you. No brokerage fee?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Ya that's weird. Go buy some lottery tickets.
Usually the only way the fees are minimal like that is premium international delivery service, which typically costs a lot more than standard or ground. I haven't heard of any UPS/courier policy/pricing changes, mind you I avoid them like the plague. But my buddy just got goosed bringing in $100 item from the States UPS ground. I think part of the fee formula is still $ value based so seller can play games to artificially reduce. Small value stuff or Ebay used will often fly under the radar but they are wise to blatant 'typos' & may ask for proof like a Visa or Paypal statement.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Also strange that I got charged a very similar amount, but not exact for the same item.