Tool Let's Get This Started - Tool Test Tuesday

Tool

Arbutus

Super User
Premium Member
Something a little different for Tool Test Tuesday this week, I did a comparison of a bunch of different kinds of needle nose pliers:
Great video and very informative cos I'm looking for some pliers right now.
A suggestion - some of us dont hear too well, so some subtitling describing the scene such as the name of the tool, the test would be valuable. Also a final page summarizing the tests, held on screen until the close.

SomeGuy

Hobbyist
Great video and very informative cos I'm looking for some pliers right now.
A suggestion - some of us dont hear too well, so some subtitling describing the scene such as the name of the tool, the test would be valuable. Also a final page summarizing the tests, held on screen until the close.

You can turn on subtitles by hitting the "cc" button (or c on your keyboard) that YouTube provides :)

But adding some text on screen with models and values does make sense, I actually did more of than in my latest video on the impacts, will try to continue to do that more in the future.

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I totally agree with you on the robertson screw, philips should be banned and all the other new stuff is unnecessary.

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
Not often I get to test the top/latest tools, but this one's a good one!
Has anybody used a REMOTE switch with their driver ?
I have seen a Millwaukee Model that has a Start-Stop wireless switch.

A friend of mine has many drivers and wants to temporarily mount them onto MH equipment and then use a Start-Stop ‘Remote’ to operate them.

SomeGuy

Hobbyist
Has anybody used a REMOTE switch with their driver ?
I have seen a Millwaukee Model that has a Start-Stop wireless switch.

A friend of mine has many drivers and wants to temporarily mount them onto MH equipment and then use a Start-Stop ‘Remote’ to operate them.

Do you have a link to such a thing? I've never seen one...

Also, new video tonight...comparing sixteen different tools at driving lag bolts :)

LenVW

Premium Member
Do you have a link to such a thing? I've never seen one...

Also, new video tonight...comparing sixteen different tools at driving lag bolts :)
I talked to the DeWalt ’product development’ rep and they were looking into the idea.
Milwaukee has a remote controlled power receptacle that works with Dust Collectors but not a specific control for drivers.

SomeGuy

Hobbyist
I talked to the DeWalt ’product development’ rep and they were looking into the idea.
Milwaukee has a remote controlled power receptacle that works with Dust Collectors but not a specific control for drivers.

Oh, that's neat. Would be really handy for my portaband on a table...I have a little GE switch thingy that goes on the plug, but having that wireless near me would be more convenient.

ChazzC

At US$120, it's not cheap; and it probably has the same issue as I have with my US$13 Fosmon - needs to be re-paired periodically, even if the power hasn't been out:

20240416 Fosmon Remote AC Switch.jpeg

UPDATE: After making this post, I decided to reach out to the Amazon Seller for the Fosmon unit I purchased in March of 2019 (5 years ago) to ask about a replacement since they have a "Limited Lifetime Warranty:" I sent my message via Amazon at 9:42am, received a reply at 10:18am asking for my contact info so they can send a replacement; I didn't see their message until 10:35am, sent them my info at 10:38am and just received (10:45am) their acknowledge meant that a replacement will be on it's way. Granted it's a one-time replacement, but I'm definitely impressed: although Milwaukee has a 3-year warranty on their switch, and I could buy (US$18) a 2-year HD warranty to take it to 5 years total, after 5 years & one month I'd be out of luck.

Last edited:

LenVW

Premium Member
At US$120, it's not cheap; and it probably has the same issue as I have with my US$13 Fosmon - needs to be re-paired periodically, even if the power hasn't been out:

View attachment 46789

UPDATE: After making this post, I decided to reach out to the Amazon Seller for the Fosmon unit I purchased in March of 2019 (5 years ago) to ask about a replacement since they have a "Limited Lifetime Warranty:" I sent my message via Amazon at 9:42am, received a reply at 10:18am asking for my contact info so they can send a replacement; I didn't see their message until 10:35am, sent them my info at 10:38am and just received (10:45am) their acknowledge meant that a replacement will be on it's way. Granted it's a one-time replacement, but I'm definitely impressed: although Milwaukee has a 3-year warranty on their switch, and I could buy (US$18) a 2-year HD warranty to take it to 5 years total, after 5 years & one month I'd be out of luck.
Thanks @ChazzC.
I will look into their products.

AntonB

Can i have geek out moment here. Ive watched this guys Chanel before joing this site. Damn its like being in the presence of a celebrity

SomeGuy

Hobbyist
Can i have geek out moment here. Ive watched this guys Chanel before joing this site. Damn its like being in the presence of a celebrity

That's pretty awesome :) I've been a member of this site since before I started the youtube channel.