Tool Let's Get This Started - Tool Test Tuesday

Tool

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Maybe another comment might help.

The motor and the attached hammer assembly has to turn. Otherwise the motor would stall.

So the hammers either drive the dogs if they can, or they get forced by a spring loading mechanism up a cam ramp until they clear the top of the dog. As soon as they are clear, they are free to swing forward to hit the next dog.

SomeGuy

Hobbyist
Been a while, here's a new one for the tool collection :)

If you do a lot of adhesive caulking it actually is a game changer. I did a dozen tubes of PL300 foam glue in the basement and it made it easy peasy one hand squeazy!

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
Handy . . . if you have a large caulking or sealing job.
What is one worth ?

SomeGuy

Hobbyist
Handy . . . if you have a large caulking or sealing job.
What is one worth ?

$250-300ish so kind of pricey. I had a little long term service award bonus money from work, so I didn't really pay for it per say...or the dewalt pex expander tool, or the dewalt 60v mixing drill, or the two 9ah flexvolt batteries that I also bought with that money :)

Anyway, finishing my basement right now and put up forty three 2'x8' foam board panels, all glued to the foundation, t'heck if I wanted to pump that much adhesive manually lol

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
$250-300ish so kind of pricey. I had a little long term service award bonus money from work, so I didn't really pay for it per say...or the dewalt pex expander tool, or the dewalt 60v mixing drill, or the two 9ah flexvolt batteries that I also bought with that money :)

Anyway, finishing my basement right now and put up forty three 2'x8' foam board panels, all glued to the foundation, t'heck if I wanted to pump that much adhesive manually lol
I developed the PLATON Membrane forming line for ARMTEC.
Great product for moisture control and makes any floor warm to walk on.
It maintains an air gap between the concrete and your floor & wall finishes. When your concrete foundation cracks, and it will, it leaves a direct drainage channel to your perimeter tile.
The idea came out of a little town near Nottoden, Norway.

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
I already have dozens of their batteries :D
I know Ryobi isn't the best but I do admire their commitment to the platform.
You can buy one battery and it will work in over 280 different tools.
I have 7 Dewalt tools and they need 3 different batteries.

Last edited:

SomeGuy

Hobbyist
I know Ryobi isn't the best but I do admire their commitment to the platform.
You can buy one battery and it will work in over 280 different tools.
I have 7 Dewalt tools and they need 3 different batteries.

LoL why did you buy them that way?

I have just a couple 12v tools, a LOT of 20v tools, and a few 60v tools. At least the 60v batteries work on the 20v tools. I used to have their older 18v stuff but sold it off once I replaced all of it with the newer 20v stuff.

I've got nothing against Ryobi (or any similar brands), they hit a price/performance point that is certainly welcome to have out there. As with everything, the difference between top tier and entry level have closed a lot too, I doubt there's much that Ryobi tools couldn't do where Dewalt could.

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I have the Ryobi tools, work fine for casual use. I do find that the older batteries go dead faster than the newer ones i have. We use the side grinders the most around the farm it seems.

SomeGuy

Hobbyist
Another actual Tuesday and continuing the Dewalt trend :)

Soooo much better than the old style adapter, I just wish it was say $50 not $100+.