• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Tool Let's Get This Started - Tool Test Tuesday

Tool

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Mine are "Rapide" brand but I don't see them listed for sale anywhere now.

OK, thanks for looking John. It's appreciated.

It's funny. I never knew I needed parallel jaw pliers till I saw the earlier posts. But sure enough, I needed them today! I bought a bunch of used tooling from a seller recently. It needs cleaning and polishing. There is this one odd fastener on a sine plate that was too short for a regular wrench. A parallel plier would have been perfect. Isn't that always the way it works!

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
This is not the same as a plier, but it's close. Just doesn't have clamping leverage. Best thing I ever bought at Princess Auto.

20220413_125405.jpg

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
Yeah, parallel jaw pliers have been on my list for a while...I'd like to find one of the name brands though (Knipex, Channellock, etc.) as they mostly seem to be brands I haven't heard of.
CFBE361D-77CF-4B3F-BAC5-948361A5211B.jpeg 2AA30168-FED8-41A9-875F-2074CA4BA2FE.jpeg I don’t know if those count as parallel jaw or just a slip joint plier. For those dadgum spring hose clamps they work really well, if you can reach them.

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
As a former machinist and T&D maker I can attest to your cutter findings.
We like to produce CHIPS and vacuum up GRIT.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Been a lil while...

Where on God's Green Earth would I find room for a rack of connectors like that to hang my tools from so nice and neatly.....???

I throw most of mine in a tool bag on the floor under the back right side of a trailer. The exception is a tiny little MAC Tools Die Grinder. It stays in a drawer in my air tool parts cabinet. My 20V tools are in another tool bag under the left back side of the same trailer.

Yup organized chaos...... No room to organize tool hangers like that.

SomeGuy

Hobbyist
It's not Tuesday :confused:

I honestly can't stick to the Tuesday date :(

Where on God's Green Earth would I find room for a rack of connectors like that to hang my tools from so nice and neatly.....???

I throw most of mine in a tool bag on the floor under the back right side of a trailer. The exception is a tiny little MAC Tools Die Grinder. It stays in a drawer in my air tool parts cabinet. My 20V tools are in another tool bag under the left back side of the same trailer.

Yup organized chaos...... No room to organize tool hangers like that.

My entire garage is designed around everything having a spot...I can't live like you lol unorganized would drive me nuts.

I honestly can't stick to the Tuesday date :(

My entire garage is designed around everything having a spot...I can't live like you lol unorganized would drive me nuts.
There is a saying.......

Messy desk, messy mind to which the answer is Empty desk, empty mind.

BTW not commenting on being organized or not, as long as it works.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member

You are just like my wife. We drive each other crazy. But we cherish our differences too. She is my Ying and I am her Yang.

Remember my story about pilers and filers. Neither one is better than the other and neither one should ever be forced to be who they are not. We are who we are and we need to be grateful for our differences and celebrate them.

I'd love to have a nice neat tidy shop. But I'd be terrified of getting it dirty, spend my whole life organizing it, and end up getting nothing done. Been a piler for 76 years, not gunna change now. My wife can knock herself out tidying up after she pushes me into the hole.