• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Current Off Shore Order ETDs

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
For what it's worth I've bought two Teco VFDs from emotorsdirect.ca and have had excellent experience both times.
I could not imagine the frustration of waiting for two months and then have the thing be DOA.

The Teco VFDs are a little out of my price tolerance and I don't really want to deal with wiring pots and switches.

The question now is "was the shipping fiasco a trend for things coming out of China now or the fault of the seller?". The silly thing was returned 4 times to the seller due to some kind of security check failure what ever that means. The same thing started happening with the replacement VFD so I pulled the plug. Probably should have pulled the plug on the initial order after the second return. Lesson learned.

I asked one of the AliExpress sellers if they would send me an English manual for my current VFD. He said they would but I haven't seen it yet. If I can get this thing to reverse from the key pad or even a switch I'd be set.

Brent H

Ultra Member
yep....I am waiting on some tap holders since mid November and a T-Shirt for my son that was due in December 10 to 22 nd......no sign of anything...

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I have to count myself lucky. The facemill from Banggood arrived in 16 days.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Yup i
yep....I am waiting on some tap holders since mid November and a T-Shirt for my son that was due in December 10 to 22 nd......no sign of anything...
Yup I've got stuff supposedly coming from Aliexpress also. Some stuff has arrived and some stuff no explanation for where it might be... the tracking is utterly worthless. Some stuff that has already arrived shows that it still hasn't made it to Canada and other stuff says it has shipped but I really doubt it.

Brent H

Ultra Member
@DPittman : my one order is somewhere and the complaints department wont let me file until March 3rd. One Tracking says its in Canada, one says its waiting for a seat on a plane and one says it hasn't made it out the door yet?

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
I have some carbides that were ordered Jan 6 get delivered to the post-office yesterday. I have about 15 other parcels coming (All Alliexpress). Lately Bangood has been the faster.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
My own opinion is (on average) Ali has their act together & the ball gets dropped when it enters Kanuctistan. Example I ordered about 5 different items from different dealers recently spread out over maybe 3 weeks over Xmas break. Magically all packages arrived in my box the exact same day & one my daughter ordered for good measure. Hard to visualize what's behind that unless they are batch processing by postal code or something. Mostly I use Ali stores but not always. The good ones you can trace progress every step. Then when it hits our postal system it goes off the radar & black box is lost at sea.

Or my favorite - receive a CP template email: You have a new mail delivery. OK, yeah.... I'm expecting about 6 things actually. From...? ...eta? ... no link, tracking number doesn't lead anywhere. Its an embarrassing gong show for the most part unless you send a parcel by expresspost to someone else in Canada.

Hruul

Lee - metalworking novice
Ya my last order did that too. Went from getting delivered to customs in vancouver to clearing customs in mississauga.

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
Ya my last order did that too. Went from getting delivered to customs in vancouver to clearing customs in mississauga.
That could just be where the brokerage is located though. The parts ordered could still be in fact in Vancouver it’s merely paperwork being processed in Mississauga. Either brokerage or actual Canada customs border office

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Yes
I mean I have no proof in front of me but to have an agency in an odd city doing customs clearance not related to where the goods are actually crossing the border is common

So.... If it took from Jan 29 to Feb 6 to transfer the info from BC to ON, what did they do mail it?

Hruul

Lee - metalworking novice
Hello @YYCHobbyMachinist I got the parts. Took about three weeks longer than the estimated shipping though. The other item I ordered at the same time that didn't ship till about 2 weeks after the first shipment arrived first. But I eventually got everything. Both shipments were through canada post. The first shipment the canada post tracking went blank after it said it was in vancouver, said something like delayed check back later for almost the full 2 weeks, then it showed as moving again.

Brian Ross

I received a package this morning that I ordered from AliExpress on Jan 29. The estimated shipping time was 15 to 45 business days so I was a bit surprised it got here so fast.