• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Current Off Shore Order ETDs

Brent H

Ultra Member
@YYCHM - if it was Aliexpress it could be anything then. I received goods that the tracking said were returned from a different country and had not been shipped yet. The translation is typically all over the place. Hopefully things show up!

Crankit

That's bizarre UPS handing over to a non-UPS broker....try Googling Calgary brokers? can't be too many and if it had a short "out for delivery" time it must be close to the UPS hub

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Who is your non-UPS broker?

You need to setup your broker with UPS - once you do that the process is very smooth.

A package cannot be "held" by a broker - the package can be held at customs but broker never sees it (at least for normal pp and normal values).

For my UPS stuff the UPS delivers as usual and then I get invoice from Border Bee.

Some pp have issues - DHL did not want to deliver until I paid there fees - I had to contact my broker whom contacted higher up at DHL and then they released - they just crossed over "duty to be paid" in big red marker - i.e. it does not matter who the broker is.

UPS is my preferred way as they seem to work very smoothly with Border Bee.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Ok, it was just delivered by UPS. Ordered May 11, so not too too bad considering it shipped from China.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Ok, it was just delivered by UPS. Ordered May 11, so not too too bad considering it shipped from China.

Was served an invoice for $12 in brokerage fees in the mail today.... UPS delivered the package May 18?

I ordered bunch of things on Ebay over past few months. At one extreme one item from China arrived in a couple of weeks. At the other extreme the item, also from China, never arrived yet after more than 3 months.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I ordered bunch of things on Ebay over past few months. At one extreme one item from China arrived in a couple of weeks. At the other extreme the item, also from China, never arrived yet after more than 3 months.
Yup I've had pretty much the same experience. Aliexpress items some arrived in reasonable time and one item its been 3 months and Aliexpress is supposed to "step in" on my behalf and refund but I haven't seen anything yet. I HATE their app and the way things are done.

Yup I've had pretty much the same experience. Aliexpress items some arrived in reasonable time and one item its been 3 months and Aliexpress is supposed to "step in" on my behalf and refund but I haven't seen anything yet. I HATE their app and the way things are done.

In my case I was able to get a refund easily but the lost time is a PITA.

cuslog

Super User
Premium Member
Well, I tried Bangood for a 10 pack of inserts and Ali Express for a lathe DRO recently. Inserts were in my mail box in under 10 days and the DRO was at my door via Fedex within 10 days as well. No duty, no brokerage fees (yet ?).
Haven't tried the inserts yet, still working on mounting the DRO, X-axis works, Y, maybe tomorrow.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
So I ordered this for a 6" HV RT I acquired.

https://www.amazon.ca/INDEXING-Plat...4560f&pd_rd_wg=do9o8&pd_rd_i=B08P51VNXS&psc=1

So far DHL has scanned the package at the following locations in the following order

Sept 30 - DELHI (NEW DELHI) - INDIA

Oct 01 - LEIPZIG - GERMANY

Oct 03/04 - Customs clearance CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA

Oct 05 - LEIPZIG - GERMANY

Oct 05 - MILAN - MALPENSA - ITALY

Estimated Delivery Date
October, 06 2021 - By End of Day

Hmmmm...... some how I doubt the delivery claim.

Last edited:
@YYCHM seems to me that when a package starts going backwards like that something has gone wrong. Reminds me of a couple of times when some of my packages went astray. One time the USA shipper put CA as short for Canada and of course some other American interpreted that to mean California. The package went to and vanished in California. It was an item purchased on Amazon and they readily admitted there was an error and I got my money back. Still a PITA because of the hassles and delay.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
@YYCHM seems to me that when a package starts going backwards like that something has gone wrong. Reminds me of a couple of times when some of my packages went astray. One time the USA shipper put CA as short for Canada and of course some other American interpreted that to mean California. The package went to and vanished in California. It was an item purchased on Amazon and they readily admitted there was an error and I got my money back. Still a PITA because of the hassles and delay.

Very strange.....

1633476724236.png

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
So I ordered this for a 6" HV RT I acquired.

View attachment 17541

So far DHL has scanned the package at the following locations in the following order

Sept 30 - DELHI (NEW DELHI) - INDIA

Oct 01 - LEIPZIG - GERMANY

Oct 03/04 - Customs clearance CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA

Oct 05 - LEIPZIG - GERMANY

Oct 05 - MILAN - MALPENSA - ITALY

Estimated Delivery Date
October, 06 2021 - By End of Day

Hmmmm...... some how I doubt the delivery claim.

I paid $59 cad shipped not $92 plus shipping.

I'll say one thing is for sure! You are getting a LOT OF SHIPPING for your dollar!

Also keeps guys like @Brent H busy maintaining the shipping lanes.....

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
I'll say one thing is for sure! You are getting a LOT OF SHIPPING for your dollar!

Also keeps guys like @Brent H busy maintaining the shipping lanes.....

For those time frames it must be air cargo. The US customs stuff is confusing. I'm thinking the package is still in Europe somewhere and the US customs stuff is I DUNNO.