• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Current Off Shore Order ETDs

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Amazon item finally arrived today..

1613167561732.png

Richmond - Vancouver - Mississauga - Calgary ????

Original delivery estimate was for March 3 shipped out of China. I don't think it was shipped from China. I think it was shipped from Richmond.

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
27D8F43D-CF02-4538-9E47-645A15E659B2.jpeg 2B611208-E26F-4D2C-A102-ADBF420E981A.png

Anyone run into this before? Waiting on something from the USA. Got a text message that opened that IPS link. The link gives two options, pick it up at the depot (no address given) or fill out where you want it delivered to, and provide a cc to pay the $2.00 customs fees
I’ve never seen that before, usually if there’s duty you pay at the post office. I’m thinking scam. It’s so close to the UPS logo and google comes up empty
I’ll call Tuesday to see if I can learn more

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
View attachment 13322View attachment 13323

Anyone run into this before? Waiting on something from the USA. Got a text message that opened that IPS link. The link gives two options, pick it up at the depot (no address given) or fill out where you want it delivered to, and provide a cc to pay the $2.00 customs fees
I’ve never seen that before, usually if there’s duty you pay at the post office. I’m thinking scam. It’s so close to the UPS logo and google comes up empty

Check this out https://saskatoonpolice.ca/news/2020872

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
RUN!!!!
These emails are just sent hoping to find someone waiting for an order and will send them personal and financial info. Some even get access to shipping info by buying the info or some other means.
Glad you asked and didn't respond.

Last edited:

Brent H

Ultra Member
My Long Lost order arrived!!!

sitting at the post office....evidently home delivery is "as close as we can get". Post office would have acknowledged the order but the shipping info still had it on the ground awaiting a seat on a plane from Singapore. Whew! now we can try tapping on the mill when I get home - hopefully more than once :)

Tom O

Ultra Member
View attachment 13322View attachment 13323

I got one of those supposedly for a free phone I just treated it as a phishing expedition as I never ordered anything and all my orders had been delivered. I had one supposed from a courier in town and went to the depot they had no record of it.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Had a really good experience with Amazon.ca recently (not fulfilled by Amazon). I ordered a replacement DVD burner for our laptop from a supplier in the US. Either USPS or CP crushed the box to the point the unit was unusable. Got a full refund and was told no need to return damaged item. That's not bad at all.....

Last edited:

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Had a really good experience with Amazon.ca recently (not fulfilled by Amazon). I ordered a replacement DVD burner for our laptop from a supplier in the US. Either USPS or CP crushed the box to the point the unit was unusable. Got a full refund and was told no need to return item. That's not bad at all.....
Good to hear.
I've had nothing but excellent customer service from Amazon if not their vendors. Mind you Amazon has screwed up more than once, but eventually comes through sooner or later. There doesn't seem to be as many good deals on Amazon anymore compared to all the other online oversea options, but I certainly prefer buying through Amazon when I can.

Brent H

Ultra Member
@YYCHM
Trying to tell me we are waaaay behind on the technology scale?
.......hahahahahahaha

Just before coming back to work I was helping my son fish the tape out of the VCR and fix that and then at work I had to give a lesson to the new folks about how a rotary dial phone works...hahaha

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
@YYCHM .......hahahahahahaha

Just before coming back to work I was helping my son fish the tape out of the VCR and fix that and then at work I had to give a lesson to the new folks about how a rotary dial phone works...hahaha

LOL..... rotary dial phones.... I remember being pi.sed off when the telco declared they weren't supporting them any more. Remember cassette answering machines? I can remember my dad testing and buying TV tubes at the drug store. Used a few party lines in the past as well. Ohhhhh…... I'm getting old.

Brent H

Ultra Member
@YYCHM : you would think with covid things would change - ha!

The guys I had to show how the phone worked were techs assigned to fix it - LOL. I explained it’s operation, what was probably wrong and left them to it. I think it was mostly operator error on behalf of the new guys on the other crew (not letting the dial return before attempting the next number)- LOL

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
@YYCHM : you would think with covid things would change - ha!

The guys I had to show how the phone worked were techs assigned to fix it - LOL. I explained it’s operation, what was probably wrong and left them to it. I think it was mostly operator error on behalf of the new guys on the other crew (not letting the dial return before attempting the next number)- LOL
I read once that the dot in the middle of the finger holes was added later when they discovered that the incidence of wrong numbers dropped dramatically if (specifically) men had something to aim their fingers at.

I suspect whoever discovered this trick graduated to designing urinals with the painted bumble bee or fly on them to also improve our aim.

Or maybe it was a demotion.

1616452522413.png

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
What the heck does this mean????

"Your package is pending release from a non-UPS broker. Contact the non-UPS broker for additional information.
2021-05-18 11:20:33"

Doesn't state who the broker is?