• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.
  • The 2026 Calgary Area Meetup is set for Saturday May 30th at 10am. The signup thread is here! Robinhood has graciously offered to host the meetup again this year. Please note that you MUST RSVP to the notice linked above if you wish to come.

Calgary & area meet up Spring 2026.

I have no experience with culvert hooch. I did, though, find a pretty decent (and nearly full) bottle of tequila in the Fresno Reservoir in Montana a few years back. The water level fluctuates a lot down there over the summer, so it was probably higher when its PO stored (or lost) it in there, and lower when I found it (perhaps years later) while beaching a cat.
And.........did you serve it to company???
 
PBR and Hamms are cultural icons in Wisconsin and parts of the Midwest. It's kinda neat still seeing the old signs and advertisements

Except that PBR became the darling of hipsters with perfect haircuts and skinny jeans with brogues who are into Stomp Clap Hey music, which made the very idea of the beer insufferable.
 
Except that PBR became the darling of hipsters...
Years ago I used to bring PBR along when riding the Hawg. Ride an hour or so, stop, have a beer, ride another hour, rinse, repeat. Then they started screwing w/ the alcohol content (lowering it) & I stopped buying it. Haven't had a PBR in a decade or more.
 
Back to the subject topic... now that we're getting what passes for "spring" around here, are we any closer to a date+venue for a meetup?
YES!

Got my May schedule… only weekend I can host it is Saturday, 30 May, from 10:00h to 16:00h.

I’ll get the infrastructure ready - tables, chairs, BBQ, toilet.

We’ll need helpers with the food / cooking.

Also, think about what you’d like to see demonstrated (if anything), and what you’d like to bring to the swap meet.

Bring your projects for show & tell.

Someone will set-up an RSVP page. Please use it so the cooks have an idea how much food we need to get. Location address will be provided after RSVP.

Thank you!
 
Sounds great. Dumb question or maybe needs to be offline - but how did expenses get taken care of? Tell me I'm not 5 years in arrears LOL! It came to mind in another club event I attended where they had a dedicated table set up. Rather than a swap meet theme, you brought something to donate with proceeds towards expenses. So a tool, accessory, books or whatever. See something you like, stick a $10 bill in the jar & its yours. If it didnt sell, owner takes it home. Could be a fixed price, could be a max cap price. Details TBC... anyway that was the scheme.
 
Yep ! I know we go thru Lethbridge and I happen to love LaBatts ! We take whatever routes we want and go wherever we want on the way home . I know a member on here lives in Lethbridge and his Dad flew the plane out in front of the place . Last year we stopped in as they must've been having a show with all the planes running . Always stop in Nanton also for the antiques , another tourist trap but a cool town .
So, you have your Lethbridge dates figgered yet? Looking forward to connecting.
 
We'll be going thru Lethbridge twice . Most likely will be next Friday or Sat ( 28th or 29th ) when going up . Then about a week later coming down . We usually do a stop there on our trips . Last year the airplane museum had the props spinning on the plane out front so we stopped in . We hit that tourist town antique place every year also on the same road . I don't know why as we have 10 of everything . 😵
 
We'll be going thru Lethbridge twice . Most likely will be next Friday or Sat ( 28th or 29th ) when going up . Then about a week later coming down . We usually do a stop there on our trips . Last year the airplane museum had the props spinning on the plane out front so we stopped in . We hit that tourist town antique place every year also on the same road . I don't know why as we have 10 of everything . 😵
Damn. I may have conflicts w/ both of those dates. We'll see how things pan out.
 
Pfffft....... you have conflicts every day...... what makes those two so special? 🙄 😛
At the risk of getting serious for a moment...

There's a Toy Run Aug 28-30 that I usually attend. As much as meeting @mmcmdl would be a pleasure, making sure that some underprivileged kids get a Christmas present is more important to me.

The following weekend two friends are celebrating their 65th birthdays. The one I've known since '67 when we started grade one together. He's my oldest & one of my dearest friends. We've been through the good, the bad & the ugly together. I was his best man twice & in his wedding party for the third. The other I've known since grade 8, been through hell & high water with, photographed his wedding in '87 & he helped me out big time when I opened my photography business back in '05. He named his first daughter after me. I have promised them & their spousal units that I would make them supper at the campground we're staying at that weekend. Going to be smoking up cornbread stuffed, dry-rubbed & sauced pork loin chops, fresh Taber corn & possibly a dessert on the Traeger These are among the most important people in my life and they honoured me by showing up for my birthday.
 
Back
Top