• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.
  • The 2026 Calgary Area Meetup is set for Saturday May 30th at 10am. The signup thread is here! Robinhood has graciously offered to host the meetup again this year. Please note that you MUST RSVP to the notice linked above if you wish to come.

Calgary & area meet up Spring 2026.

How long you in the neighborhood for? Did you take Going to the Sun this trip? We were down in Kalispell last week, and my girls were going to take it en route home - until they found out that the new non-resident pass is $100 per person, in addition to the usual $35 for the vehicle. Needless to say that their reply was "Screw you guys, we're going around." I'm about half an hour SW of the city, if'n you're inclined to get together - the Chuckwagon in Turner Valley is a pretty great breakfast/lunch spot.
 
We are here for at least a week . We took the Going to the SUN Road West to East this year . Last year we took it East to West . We are in the Marda Loop area , where that is , I'm not really sure but we're about 10 miles from Dabbler . We came up to Kailspell and I called one of our southern site members but it said the number was invalid so I'll send him a post today if we go that route home . Luckily we have handicapped park passes for the US and my son has the yearly pass for Canada . I'll meet up with Dabbler agin this year and maybe visit some local machine shops again this year .
 
Other than today, I'm around all week. I used to work in Marda Loop, just off Crowchild Trail, which is right in the path between my place and Joni's. So if all-y'all are into it I'd be happy to join in - be fun to meet.
 
We met up at Original Joe's , a small walk from my son's house . Went up to Joni's place and John Neilson , myself and Joni visited a few shops .
 
Back
Top