• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.
  • The 2026 Calgary Area Meetup is set for Saturday May 30th at 10am. The signup thread is here! Robinhood has graciously offered to host the meetup again this year. Please note that you MUST RSVP to the notice linked above if you wish to come.

Calgary & area meet up Spring 2026.

Ah, a Westminster area past life?

Sure can bring some. Although, maybe sacrilegious, other than my Swedish grandmom’s, my favourite is Sugarbowl south end Highlevel bridge in (gasp, I’m sorry…) Edmonton.
 
Damn , I'll be a month late but hoping to meet up again with some of the members . I think my trip will be in mid August . From Maryland to Toronto to Calgary across Canada . If I can bring stuff up I will as I'll most likely be towing a trailer full of baby stuff .
 
Ah, a Westminster area past life?

Sure can bring some. Although, maybe sacrilegious, other than my Swedish grandmom’s, my favourite is Sugarbowl south end Highlevel bridge in (gasp, I’m sorry…) Edmonton.

you bet, tall grass prairie and the nook are always a must stop when i go back home, always sad to leave
 
We go south thru Glacier Park , then usually thru Yellowstone and Jackson Hole over to Snowy Range and Cheyanne Wyo . Then high tail it back to Md .
 
We go south thru Glacier Park , then usually thru Yellowstone and Jackson Hole over to Snowy Range and Cheyanne Wyo . Then high tail it back to Md .
So, south on Alberta Hiway 2, cross at Carway, then down 89 to Glacier? I'd be interested in connecting at, say, Ft Macleod for a beer if on a weekend.
 
So, south on Alberta Hiway 2, cross at Carway, then down 89 to Glacier? I'd be interested in connecting at, say, Ft Macleod for a beer if on a weekend.
Yep ! I know we go thru Lethbridge and I happen to love LaBatts ! We take whatever routes we want and go wherever we want on the way home . I know a member on here lives in Lethbridge and his Dad flew the plane out in front of the place . Last year we stopped in as they must've been having a show with all the planes running . Always stop in Nanton also for the antiques , another tourist trap but a cool town .
 
Yep ! I know we go thru Lethbridge and I happen to love LaBatts ! We take whatever routes we want and go wherever we want on the way home . I know a member on here lives in Lethbridge and his Dad flew the plane out in front of the place .
Nice! Lethbridge is even closer. We'll talk when the time gets close.
 
I've gotta tell ya, for all the exotic beers out there, in the last few years I've come around to my former business partner's way of thinking: That Old Style (a.k.a. Lethbridge) Pilsner is "a perfectly good lawn-mowing beer." Even though he hasn't spoken to me in 20 years, I still take his word for it; after all, he owns the beer.org domain. So after not having any of that stuff for decades, I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

At least until Anchor Steam returns.
 
Last edited:
That Old Style (a.k.a. Lethbridge) Pilsner is "a perfectly good lawn-mowing beer."
Lethbridge Pilsner was my go to beer growing up and until my craft beer education started nearly 20 years ago.

It was also the first beer Dad & I ever had together. The rest of the family was off shopping or something & we'd been in the field picking rock all day. It was hot, sweltering, heavy work. No automatic rock pickers here: Massey Ferguson 50 w/ a front end loader & two bodies. We get back to the house & Dad (a decent cook when he wanted to be, BTW) prepped us up a double batch of KD for supper & plopped a frosty bottle of Pil down in front of me. "You've done a man's work, you can have a man's drink." We had two each. I'd had beer before with a couple buddies but this was a true bonding moment w/ the old man.

I was 14.
 
No automatic rock pickers here: Massey Ferguson 50 w/ a front end loader & two bodies.

No automatic pickers here either. But we have an infinite supply of rocks. I used to use my Deere Loader Tractor to pick rocks too. Then I got a side by side with a dump box. WWWAAAAYYYY better! No more climbing up and down from the drivers seat of the tractor - just slide in and out of the bench seat of the 4x4. Game Changer!
 
My bride actually likes picking rocks. She calls it "Squatts with Rocks". Costs waaaay less than a gymn membership.

And ya, definitely a good reason to be a spectator!
 
I like picking rocks, only if I am watching some one else do it.
First few times as a kid I liked it cuz I got to go out with older teenage brothers and cousins and learned all sorts of things! It didn't take long to realize that picking rock was an endless job and was made much more unpleasant by the wind (which it always seemed to be windy). And picking rock by yourself was the worst in my opinion.
 
Back
Top