• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Bridgeport 2J

Probably different product names than we have in N-Am but some good workflow advice. Do it once & do it right IMO.

Not sure if you have a local dealer, but this is very tough paint used on everything from aircraft to industrial equipment. Widely used in oilfield equipment in harsh conditions. They also have the compliment of matching prep products, primers & sealers & good advice. It contains isocyanates so you need proper breathing apparatus (although I thought I read they were getting that reduced in certain product lines). There is no need to clear with most of their products but you could. You can get every color under the sun. I think the base formulation is gloss but I believe they can mix the binder or additive to achieve semi & maybe even flat. They also have 2K cans which you can do spot sprays but I suspect its the 'must use in one session' type deal. This sounds crude but you might be surprised at how a fine porosity foam roller looks on a typical cast surface. I did some steel tubing table legs that way & it actually made it looks better than spraying because it just didn't have the benefit of prep like a car. If you do spray I would recommend an HVLP because they are so common these days, even a clone of a good one is fine for a machine application. Pay attention to temperature.

Oh yeah, composites canada distributes Endura. I've bought fiberglass from them for models.

Not sure if you have a local dealer, but this is very tough paint used on everything from aircraft to industrial equipment. Widely used in oilfield equipment in harsh conditions. They also have the compliment of matching prep products, primers & sealers & good advice. It contains isocyanates so you need proper breathing apparatus (although I thought I read they were getting that reduced in certain product lines). There is no need to clear with most of their products but you could. You can get every color under the sun. I think the base formulation is gloss but I believe they can mix the binder or additive to achieve semi & maybe even flat. They also have 2K cans which you can do spot sprays but I suspect its the 'must use in one session' type deal. This sounds crude but you might be surprised at how a fine porosity foam roller looks on a typical cast surface. I did some steel tubing table legs that way & it actually made it looks better than spraying because it just didn't have the benefit of prep like a car. If you do spray I would recommend an HVLP because they are so common these days, even a clone of a good one is fine for a machine application. Pay attention to temperature.

Endura is the gold standard for aircraft paint, and just about every other industry. I've used tons of it. It holds up well, and you are correct, no need to clear. Their paints also hold metallic well. Their paints have a good amount of plasticizers in them that allow them to stay quite flexible, enough so that they are used as top coat on fabric aircraft. The line I am used to working with is not the most abrasion resistant though.

Oh these guys are familiar with abrasion & chemicals! LOL.

Product Description

Endura EX-2C Topcoat is a two component highly cross-linked, high performance polyurethane coating for protecting a wide range of surfaces. High gloss, color retention and outstanding resistance to chemicals, abrasion, and impacts, provide maximum protection and an impressive surface finish.
  • High gloss and color retention
  • Outstanding resistance to chemicals, abrasion & impact
  • A library of over 40,000 colors
  • Color matching service available
  • Available in high and reduced (medium, low, no) gloss

1721880531856.webp1721880572113.webp

Back