• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

AXA Tool Holder(s)

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
If your talking BC Fasteners, they were a bust, nothing metric.

I couldn't remember the name. I'd have to go through my recent invoices to find it.

There is also a place in California that I have used for rare fasteners. I'll see if I can find that too.

If all else fails, you can make them.

Darren

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Er collects need at least close to full engagement to be accurate, but there are ways to cheat if you must

Huh? They do?

I did NOT know that! Is that true of all ER collets or just the 40s?

Damn. Just when I think the ER32 is the solution to my collet range problem, somebody throws a live monkey into the pot.....
As far as I know it's all er collets, most of the time, my materials pass right through the collet, when they don't I just stuff the rear....

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I'll prolly regret asking this,...... but,......

Is there such a thing as a darn near perfect collet?

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
My lathe doesn't turn metric threads.

Is it possible to make a few gears to provide metric threading capability?

I didn't say practical, I just want to start with possible and go from there.

I'm planning to turn a metric part tomorrow afternoon. I'll have a closer look at my lathe to see what that might take.

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Look for M10x1.0 threaded rod (might be difficult to find).

Alternative:

3/8” - 24 UNF threaded rod should be readily available.

In either case you cut them to length.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Look for M10x1.0 threaded rod (might be difficult to find).

Alternative:

3/8” - 24 UNF threaded rod should be readily available.

In either case you cut them to length.

Ya, this has crossed my mind. 5/16 for the tool screws and 3/8 fine for the adjustment screw.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Set screws are easy to source on Ebay & Ali in dog or cup point. Just not a super quick ship item. Sometimes (not always) those set assortments can be good value depending on the size range vs needs. I've bought sets of progressive precision dowel pins & roll pins & screws & O-rings... sometimes for the same price as the fricken compartment box of air at the local store.

I'm actually not sure what the advantage of dog point is myself, maybe someone can illuminate. Was it somehow related to HSS blanks? I'm not concerned about marring my toolholder, not that I see much evidence of that anyways except on the cheapos.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Ya, this has crossed my mind. 5/16 for the tool screws and 3/8 fine for the adjustment screw.
Then of course you need to make that thin height adjuster nut... with the fine knurl.... and the fine pitch hex nuts....and don't forget the wave washer.... LOL

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Set screws are easy to source on Ebay & Ali in dog or cup point. Just not a super quick ship item.

Ya, 2 month delivery is what I'm seeingo_O The M10-1.0 is the hard one to find.

Last edited:
Then of course you need to make that thin height adjuster nut... with the fine knurl.... and the fine pitch hex nuts....and don't forget the wave washer.... LOL
20220131_194723.jpg
I gave up on the wavey washer, but really should try and source some. Kinda sucks putting pliers on the knurls to loosen for hight changes.