• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

AXA Tool Holder(s)

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I can get some CA stuff for mine - I can even trade Aloris for Chinese as Aloris ones don't fit on Chinese tool post.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Where the heck can I get M8-1.25 Dog Point set screws and M10-1.0 Flat Point set screws from the same supplier, Canadian preferred? Also need a M10-1.0 tap.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Where the heck can I get M8-1.25 Dog Point set screws and M10-1.0 Flat Point set screws from the same supplier, Canadian preferred? Also need a M10-1.0 tap.

Fastenal. Just need an account and a business. Doesn't need to be much of a business.

If you can't manage that, and nobody out there can help you, tell me what you want, make me whole, and pay the shopping and I'll get them to you.

There is also a nut and bolt place in Vancouver.

You can make your own hex head screws and standardize.

Yes, this...... One day I will be more comfortable embedding videos on here, but This Old Tony does a pretty good presentation of how one works, and there's several videos of them being made, Hemingway kits makes a popular one.
I have no need for one, but damn, I want one so bad.... Lol

They don't have a M10-1.0 that's 45 mm long:(
This is where I strayed some from what I was trying to duplicate. I used 3/8 24 all thread that I snugged in with double nuts. And the set screws I used were 5/16 18 that I turned the ends down on to allow for some distortion should I need to remove them.... 16436741794322206650145117278912.jpg 16436741794322206650145117278912.jpg

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
You can make your own hex head screws and standardize.

Ahhhh, I see. Embarrassed to admit I didn't catch that.

In any event, I'm not making or buying a tool to make my own hex heads. If it bothers me enough, I'll buy a box of screws and throw the originals into a screw box to be used for projects where a common wrench isn't desirable.

The bottom line is that too many of the screws in many of my holders are pretty much junk so replacing them is prolly not a bad idea anyway.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I've got a few extra like I show in the picture I could send you if you can't find an easy source. I don't believe they are "dog point" but they are what I use in my holders and seem to work fine.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
You will notice that in the pictures I spent most of the day cleaning up , which resulted in a space on my desk big enough to accommodate the subject material....:D:D:eek:

I'm not doing that. The colour of my work surfaces is downright embarrassing. I'd rather keep hiding the surface with piles of anything I can find to put there....... That's my story and I'm sticking to it.....

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
This way I was using the full length of the collet, which er's need

Huh? They do?

I did NOT know that! Is that true of all ER collets or just the 40s?

Damn. Just when I think the ER32 is the solution to my collet range problem, somebody throws a live monkey into the pot.....