Mines an older android S10 model. My AMS lists as firmware rev 00.00.06.75 (latest version). My printer is an X1C so I doubt the version number there matters.Is that an iPhone app John? Seems my app is different. There is no 4th option.
View attachment 84222
Maybe if you enable read filament on startup it might then add the other checkbox.
Here is my C5 Collet holder. Made from a Black Walnut log that I milled and came off of the Niagara Escarpment. Took 20 minutes to make, finished with WD-40. No Smart Phone App required.Ok, so power is finally back here again. Generator is even put away till next time.
I'd like to tackle a collet rack. And I'd like to make one for 5C collets first since I have so many. Perhaps 30 collets. The tray needs to go in a drawer and not covered. No space wasting labels either.
Something like this:
View attachment 83933
![]()
5C Collet Holders (25 holder) by Paul @ This Designed That | Download free STL model | Printables.com
Simple 5x5 holder for 5C collets. 200x200mm 50mm height | Download free 3D printable STL modelswww.printables.com
I'd like to stay out of CAD for this project if I can. That's intentional so we can help members who have not purchased a printer yet because they don't want to have to learn CAD.
Can I turn the 25 collet tray into a 30 collet tray without using cad? Can that be done in Bambu's print program?
If I can do that, can I rearrange the holes like a bees wax frame staggered so it's more space efficient using the Bambu printer program? Or is that clearly into CAD territory?
To be clear, I'd like to stay out of CAD for this project, but I am not averse to using CAD myself. I just want to explore the boundaries.
PS - the cereal boxes I got from Amazon came today. The tray I made for the Fillament spool and humidistat fit it perfectly.

It has to be there but just not properly initialized. In fact my PETG black spool listed 0gm and black. I clicked on the left icon of the 3 on the right.Didn't work. I'm thinking the AMS version works differently. Odd that the older one works but the newer one doesn't. I'd bet they got complaints cuz it wasn't accurate so they dumped it.
I'll prolly just weigh them to know for sure. I might also start a log to keep track of what I use. There is a filament library in the handy app and prolly in the desktop program too. I wonder if that has notes for such things.

Here is my C5 Collet holder. Made from a Black Walnut log that I milled and came off of the Niagara Escarpment. Took 20 minutes to make, finished with WD-40. No Smart Phone App required.


For my needs you are proving to me that I need to learn CAD and find a program that is much easier to use than CAM BAM, hence my reluctance to dive into this. Just a bad all around experience rising from my past. Maybe a 3D scanner would be a start, not sure of the cost.
As for the spool, I would turn a few shapes on my lathe and make the spool. Question, did you draw this out or use a file from someone else? Possibly adding the holes?
I like that one much better than the little ones I have.Yes, I could turn the basic shape on my lathe. But all those holes would drive me crazy.
The whole thing including holes and threaded cap was on MakerWorld. I just used a google search to find what I wanted.
I was about to start printing this one when it dawned on me that Bambu spools have a larger hub diameter than some of the other spools I have.Yes, your needs may be different and you may need cad. But don't assume that is necessarily true. It is absolutely amazing what is out there already to go. Have you got a particular project in mind? Or maybe a category of projects?
Yes, I could turn the basic shape on my lathe. But all those holes would drive me crazy.
The whole thing including holes and threaded cap was on MakerWorld. I just used a google search to find what I wanted.
I'm going to search for a quill stop next. Mine is missing and I need a quick replacement.
Correction: it has a large number of variations.I was about to start printing this one when it dawned on me that Bambu spools have a larger hub diameter than some of the other spools I have.
I found this one that has a smaller diameter variation for other brand spools.
I want to fabricate car parts for older cars that I am working on. Not generic, but OEM style parts or at times custom parts for an engine swap. Or to take a part and remake it and offset the holes. Can the Bamboo print metal? I realize that the part needs to be sent out afterward for sintering. That would be my ultimate interest.Yes, your needs may be different and you may need cad. But don't assume that is necessarily true. It is absolutely amazing what is out there already to go. Have you got a particular project in mind? Or maybe a category of projects?
Yes, I could turn the basic shape on my lathe. But all those holes would drive me crazy.
The whole thing including holes and threaded cap was on MakerWorld. I just used a google search to find what I wanted.
I'm going to search for a quill stop next. Mine is missing and I need a quick replacement.
Can the Bamboo print metal?
I need at times plastic trim parts in a Fiat X1/9 model years 1979 to 1989. Plastic becomes brittle and breaks. The 2 hand latch in the drivers door pillar is a perfect example. The latch handles are metal but the body of the latch is plastic. If that could be 3D printed, now we have something. There is one person selling CNC aluminum bodies and if I had a G Code file I could machine it from a solid block of aluminum stock with my TOS FN20. Hence, we are back at the CAD problem again.Nope, the Bambu can't do that. They were working on a sintered metal system back when I was still in industry. As @PeterT says, it's here. But not in my pay grade.
There are probably lots of old car parts out there for 3D printers, but I'd guess not the ones you want. It's certainly do-able though.
Throw us a few examples and let's see what we can find for you.
Hence, we are back at the CAD problem again.
Rats. I need a washer for a repair project. Needs a 10.1mm hole, 2.2mm thick and 20mm diameter. What to do...We should both try Alibre. Many give it high marks for ease of use.









