Whelp, there goes the neighborhood.

I figured that I would start a thread of some of the random doings that go on around here. If I ever get back to on-topic type projects, I will try and give them their own thread.
They say that the line between brilliance and insanity is pretty thin line, I'll let you be the judge.

slow-poke

Ultra Member
Cute as a button.

I was flying home yesterday and the couple across the isle had their 7 month old with them, just adorable. I think the older you get the more adorable they become.

........ which brings me to the problem at hand.
20221018_104554.jpg
It turns out that if you buy the cheapest truck you find after months of looking, it might come with a few issues.....
That being said, I have been using it for about 15 years now with minimal issues, so I figured that I should try and tackle some of rust in the cab that it came with. It had a 5th wheel on the back of it and I bought an old wore out box off the local highway contractor, I put a new floor etc in the box when I first got it , and that part is mostly okay, at least for now.

....... Just pull it into the shop and get it done you say...
But, I have no shop, says I......

*This is the time where, if you are a stickler for building permits, zoning regulations and other assorted sundries of civil obedience, you should probably turn away*.......

I'll give you a minute to decide, have a few chores to attend. ;)

Off to the tickle trunk for a quick look-see as to what I have....... Hmmmm two twenty foot sea cans, a little bit short, but, so is the truck........ A 12 foot flat deck from a truck I parted out the year before last...... A princess auto truck crane I picked up a couple years ago, and a shelterlogic carport thing that I got from Canadian Tire......
Must be something that I can do with that....

Tecnico

(Dave)
Somebody before me figured that if they filled the rocker with silicone the problem would go away.......:rolleyes:
Simple, just fix it, right?......
Oh, if life were only so easy....

Oooh that’s ugly. Kind of like east coast customization by salt. :(

Look at it this way, it’s an opportunity to show off your sheet metal skills to the group. I bet you’ll get plenty of advice from all of us too far away to be anything but a big fat help! ;)

Any donor carcasses out there in the scrap yards?

D :cool:

Oooh that’s ugly. Kind of like east coast customization by salt. :(

Look at it this way, it’s an opportunity to show off your sheet metal skills to the group. I bet you’ll get plenty of advice from all of us too far away to be anything but a big fat help! ;)

Any donor carcasses out there in the scrap yards?

D :cool:
I have been looking, but not much around here for scrap yards, and it seems to be a bit of a problem area in these.....
My sheet metal skills are next to nonexistent, but, not being one to let fear and good judgement stand in the way........:rolleyes: