• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Tools you waited too long to acquire

I just use my hand to remove chips no vacuum though I use a 3.5 inch paint brush with the brush cut down to about 1 inch that way with the shorter stiffer bristles the chips don’t embed like the longer stock bristles do.

Same with me, then later in the evening gives me something to do, pick the slivers out of the skin...
Having worked for many years I seem to have developed a skill of grabbing sharp things just hard enough to not cut my skin. Started with working in a fiberglass laminating shop then aviation and a bit of side metal working. I have on occasion tried to pick up stuff that was sharper than expected and it didn't go well. I rarely get slivers unless I'm removing bull thistle from my fields.

All types of steel get cut by my 10-14 tooth blades, but aluminum is a horrid thing to cut. I use WD40 and that helps stop the smearing and sticking to the blade. A much courser blade with 5 or 6 teeth per inch would be best, and be useless in steel

I thought you were supposed to loosen those bearings to change the blade and tighten them afterwards. Am I wasting my time?

F****** images......
Yes. The blade should slide up with no play between the bearings. If you blade was bred to a kangaroo and leaps off at the slightest excuse, check and play with your tracking screws. It took 8 slices on a scrap angle iron and tweaking all the while but what a difference it made.

Having worked for many years I seem to have developed a skill of grabbing sharp things just hard enough to not cut my skin. Started with working in a fiberglass laminating shop
I’ve always been a magnet for fiberglass: the one time I lost it at Raymark was when one of my “friends” dropped some chopped strand in my back pocket - never happened again.

I’ve always been a magnet for fiberglass: the one time I lost it at Raymark was when one of my “friends” dropped some chopped strand in my back pocket - never happened again.
Yeah fiberglass is terrible stuff to work with. I think the stuff they used to sell as itching powder was fiberglass based. Fiberglass laminating was the worst job I ever had. Since working there I almost never have a bad day at work since. No matter how bad things get I know it's better than building boat hulls.

Yeah fiberglass is terrible stuff to work with. I think the stuff they used to sell as itching powder was fiberglass based. Fiberglass laminating was the worst job I ever had. Since working there I almost never have a bad day at work since. No matter how bad things get I know it's better than building boat hulls.
I spent a short time making fiberglass tubs and showers, it was an experience that taught me to find another vocation...... :rolleyes:

Were you at Bayfield Boats in Vanastra ?
A friend of mine ran there cabinet department.

I spent a short time making fiberglass tubs and showers, it was an experience that taught me to find another vocation...... :rolleyes:
Pretty much the same for me. When I got the job the boss said I'll give you a job but you won't stay. I asked what he meant because it was a job that paid a bit better than any other place around there. He told me "you are not stupid enough to work here for me but I'll give you some work until you find something better". That job definitely taught me to aim for something better. Excellent boss though.

Back