• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Missing Images....

Yes, Josh got jpegs back. But we need to figure out what the size limits are now.

Sorry to be MIA for an extended time there. I was running at both ends and disconnected to look after my own health first for a while. Hopefully nobody noticed.

20240831_195844.jpg

That's 4.16Mb auto resized to 700k.

I also tried a 15Mb jpeg photo which was auto resized to 380k. Also plenty good enough for forum use I think.

I think that's a very significant improvement. Here is hoping that we can work out the space optimizer app-on issues - assuming that's where the system broke.

Great! Pictures from @DavidR8, @trivn, @Susquatch are now showing on the i-pad. @canuck750 latest have been showing in the 12 X 36 geared lathe postings. Looks like @YYCHM picture are showing latest again.
Good work !
Taking care of yourself is perhaps the first step in taking care of others. Sometimes it hard to see/realize what happening with ourselves.

Look after yourself Susq, hopefully the bride will bring you a treat.

My comments in post #76 were made with out knowing all the facts and now I see things a bit differently. Apologies if I create any confusion. I'll more than likely saddle up with the rest posse.

Today, a paid server team and hosting service looks after us.
I didn't know that we were paying someone else to maintain the site. Apparently I was asleep for that part of the meeting, that changes everything and I agree with the "server team" needs to step up and restore the site.

But they don't seem to want help. I don't think that fits their "paid expert" business model.
Well if we're paying someone else to maintain the site we shouldn't have to fix any problems/issues. If they have a proper test bed, test procedures, roll out and roll back plan problems/issues with the roll out of an upgrade should be rare.

At least the jpg's are back, now they can work on restoring the pics in the threads.

The pics being converted to webp's aren't consistent, some threads have side by side pics where one jpg is converted and the one beside it isn't. I'll see if I can find that thread again.

Again, apologies for any confusion created on my part.

Bound to be some confusion.

I tried to head that off in post #52 above in this thread. But obviously members cannot be expected to read every thread or every post. And then there is my writing skills.....

Well if we're paying someone else to maintain the site we shouldn't have to fix any problems/issues. If they have a proper test bed, test procedures, roll out and roll back plan problems/issues with the roll out of an upgrade should be rare.

You would think so wouldn't you. But quite obviously not.

If you guys could all check old photos, it looks like we might be back in business.

Fingers Crossed!

I just looked back to 2021 and all looks good, the pics of my 1120 are all there.
Thanks to all for pursuing this.

I'm still missing images from 2018, 2019 and 2020. 2021 appears to be there now.

Last edited:
All 2019, 2020, 2021 photos only show a file name.

2022 & 2023 photos show up like these screenshots. Bottoms are cut off / greyed out.

Attachments

• IMG_4696.jpeg
    IMG_4696.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4695.jpeg
    IMG_4695.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4694.jpeg
    IMG_4694.jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 3
Yes, some photos there, others half there and others not there at all (within the same post). This is looking back to February and as recently as August 15th.

Plus, there's another (new, I think) issue. In this post, I tried downloading ("Download Image") the first photo (which says it's "20240814 Steel Tubes.jpeg" and was originally uploaded as a 70kb jpeg) and got this in my Downloads folder: "20240814-steel-tubes-jpeg.50708.html" which opens (when double-clicked) to an unformatted version of the post. If I try "Open Image in New Tab" I get this result.

When I download the second photo (either "Save Image to Downloads" or "Save Image As"), I got this "20240814 Steel Tube Close-Up-2.webp"
20240814 Steel Tube Close-Up-2.webp
So it's not converting some webp files (originally uploaded as a 33kb jpeg) to jpeg. Here's the original:
20240814 Steel Tube Close-Up copy.jpeg
Which stayed a jpeg.

Back