• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Missing Images....

In the fly reel thread the first two pages are still no good. The pages after that are working fine. Photos are there.

If all you guys could post links to posts with issues it would help.

The bad news is obvious. The fix was only partial.

I'm getting worried that our server guys are building us into a corner from which a recovery without major losses isn't possible. Josh is doing his best to avoid that.

If all you guys could post links to posts with issues it would help.

The bad news is obvious. The fix was only partial.

I'm getting worried that our server guys are building us into a corner from which a recovery without major losses isn't possible. Josh is doing his best to avoid that.
Cardboard box thread has damaged photos. :< On safari they are damaged like @eotrfish notes with grey areas. On Chrome many pictures just don't show at all in the same thread.

What a total bummer - thank you admins and moderators for working it. If there is a backup from some weeks back I suggest rolling back to it and sorry about the recent lost posts. I think the archive of posts and photos is more valuable than posts for a few weeks.

@Susquatch

Hey, I just checked Safari on my 2015 iPad Pro (iOS 16.7.10) and the grey bars aren't there (at least on my Chazz's Shop thread). However, the missing images are still missing. Same situation on FireFox (both M1 2020 MBA & 2012 MBP). Grey bars (and missing images) still happening in Safari on my M1 2020 MBA, 2012 MBP & iPhone 14+.

This is beginning to look like a download problem as well. Sometimes when I look at a post the photos are complete and other times the bottom portion is greyed out. There appears to be no rhyme or reason to the timing of the partial photos. I’ll try to quantify the size of the original photos to see if the partial downloads are related to file size.

9:11 PM MST - all images from 2022 onward are full size at this time - no greyed out portion or cropped images. Of course the pre-2022 images still only show as file names.

This problem just gets curiouser and curiouser. I look at post #102 on this thread both logged in and logged out.

Logged in - the photos are cropped with a grey band at the bottom

Logged out - the photos are full size with NO cropping.

Hmmm

This problem just gets curiouser and curiouser. I look at post #102 on this thread both logged in and logged out.

Logged in - the photos are cropped with a grey band at the bottom

Logged out - the photos are full size with NO cropping.

Hmmm
Well, almost for me:

Logged out: no grey bars, but not all images from earlier this year are there.

Logged in: grey bars on most, but not all, of the images from earlier this year and the missing images are still not there.

This is all on my iPhone.

At this point I’m not going to bother with it anymore. However, if the Mods need me to check something I certainly want to help; otherwise, if I need to reference a previous post, I’ll include a link to the post and include clean copies of any important photos in the new post.

At this point I’m not going to bother with it anymore. However, if the Mods need me to check something I certainly want to help; otherwise, if I need to reference a previous post, I’ll include a link to the post and include clean copies of any important photos in the new post.

This is perfect. Thank you.

@eotrfish -. Most likely, logging out and back in caused a browser refresh of those images.

I have noticed that when I click on a pic to expand to full screen it turns black and the loading wheel spins till you give up usually I expand it with my fingers.

I have noticed that when I click on a pic to expand to full screen it turns black and the loading wheel spins till you give up usually I expand it with my fingers.
Well, I am just as puzzled as before, some of the pictures do nothing? when touched to enlarge, just a white page, some will enlarge and are good (on the i-pad). The phone, all seem to be o.k.
Still can not reply to postings with the i-pad.
Typed in on the phone with the SMALL pictures cause there is no place to put a reply with the i-pad and hitting reply does not even bring up the keyboard, (it used to).
To them that are trying to solve the problem(s), thanks, it is getting better, the pictures are often there now.

I just clicked on this one by Jswain
IMG_1316.jpeg
I got the black screen and the message “ Image not found “
So I tried to download it ( Save to file button wasn’t there ) just save link.
With screenshots I uploaded the no image pic only about the top 1/3 showed up so i deleted it and attached the file over this time showing up.
The first time I uploaded 3 screenshot pics at one go and when I got the full image it was uploaded by itself just to let you know. I have to wonder from what people are loading from , a copy from file ore link?

IMG_1313.png
IMG_1315.png

IMG_1314.png

Last edited:
I just tried it and also go the missing image.
I went to the link and saved the pic and reloaded it to the original post.

Hi Susquatch,

As of today, September 13th,

Some of the photo images are still missing on "It Seems so Straightforward on Paper" in Your Active Projects, some images are seen in small size in "Attachments" but when you click on them, they only show half photos and some when you click on them show a black screen with "missing photo".

Hi Susquatch,

As of today, September 13th,

Some of the photo images are still missing on "It Seems so Straightforward on Paper" in Your Active Projects, some images are seen in small size in "Attachments" but when you click on them, they only show half photos and some when you click on them show a black screen with "missing photo".

Yes, that is true. It is still broken.

Back