• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Laser Engraving

Chris Cramer

Super User
Vendor
Premium Member
Before I got the laser engraver, while I was making a lot more jewelry, I had tried my hand at hand engraving with gravers and a graving vice. That method gives you much more control of the depth and angle of the engravings, but takes quite a bit of patience and control.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
I'm thinking that would work even better. I'm not all that confident that non burned cermark would work as a good resistant to feric chloride; and the laser engraver would most likely be powerful enough to burn off the nail polish in a precise way.
Post some pictures. Looking forward to seeing the process and progress.

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
Wait just a second here... you have a CNC engraver.. and you use it make templates for your manual engraver? No criticism I just don't quite follow.
Two things occur to me, first, with a cutter you are going to get a cut V profile which would look better. With a diamond dragger you get a very fine cut line, can;t see the laser looking as nice. Secondly scale. CNC the thing much larger than you need than produce very small, finely cut script or logos etc.