• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

just a gripe about can openers

crap that people who don't make their own sauces put on dead bits of animals.

Best for steak imo is Chimichurri. I was in Argentina 20 years ago and fell in love with it - and they know their steaks! Fresh parsley, cilantro, oregano, garlic, lemon juice, shallots (or onion) salt (seasoning for Susquatch), chili peppers or chili oil (something to give a bit of heat but not too much) and olive oil - all into the blender.

View attachment 52470
Unless you're one of those poor bastards for whom cilantro tastes like soap.
Genetics is a bitch.

back bacon (would that be "Canadien Bacon" or "Canada Bacon?).

Technically, neither one.

Canadians mostly call it back bacon or peameal bacon.

Americans mostly call it CANADIAN bacon.

The term is rarely used in Canada. CANADIEN Bacon isn't used anywhere to my knowledge. Canadien is a male French Canadian. CANADIENNE is female. So technically it would be ok for an American to think of back bacon from a male pig as Bacon Canadien - or Bacon Canadienne from a female pig. But that would prolly only happen in Louisiana.

It's probably called bacon de dos in French or maybe Bacon Back or even Back Bacon in some places. But I'm just guessing on that one.

You having fun yet!

OK, I'll get back in my cage now....

You eat way better than I would. Without the bride I'd burn water M-F, & splurge on McDonald's for the weekend.
That’s the joy of a microwave potatoes in about 10/12 minutes I rarely use the stove I might boil water for a 1/2 dozen eggs as supper ( cayenne pepper on top ) but the heaviest I’ve been is 145 lb and am hovering at around 140.
The way I eat is more of a hunter gatherer thing it doesn’t have to fill you up completely.

Technically, neither one.

Canadians mostly call it back bacon or peameal bacon.

Americans mostly call it CANADIAN bacon.

The term is rarely used in Canada. CANADIEN Bacon isn't used anywhere to my knowledge. Canadien is a male French Canadian. CANADIENNE is female. So technically it would be ok for an American to think of back bacon from a male pig as Bacon Canadien - or Bacon Canadienne from a female pig. But that would prolly only happen in Louisiana.

It's probably called bacon de dos in French or maybe Bacon Back or even Back Bacon in some places. But I'm just guessing on that one.

You having fun yet!

OK, I'll get back in my cage now....
You try typing with one finger!

I just didn’t want to upset anyone who gets annoyed at us folks down who refer to Canadian Geese (instead of Canada Geese).

Back