• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

just a gripe about can openers

I came up with my own diet based on what I saw causing the problem. No counting calories or portion size however the aim is losing weight so I keep portions moderate and tell myself its good to be hungry, but there are no hard portion rules.

I eliminated all types of food and drink that were my go tos and contributed too many calories. Basically what is left is meat, fish vegetables and fruit, no booze, no juice, no potatoes (because of what you put on them), nothing deep fried, almost no grains (puff rice cakes are ok, but no bread, pizza, rice, pasta, etc), no dairy (no cheese, cream sauces or butter), no handfuls nuts or peanuts (which are technically a legume) except in recipes, no deserts or sweets of any kind and so on. As such, the cob salad is diet food; it's on this diet as its meets the requirements. Of course I don't eat it three meals a day everyday. Most days are a piece of fruit for breakfast, salad and veggies and humus for lunch whatever we can concoct with the guildlies for dinner. Usually a protein and two veggies.

This is all combined with a running program and for me is working well, might not for the next guy.... just depends on where the calories are in your eating habits. Someone else might like having some of those things on the menu and restricting portion sizes, I'm better off with it being against the rules and not in the house.
I used the Lose It! app after seeing Clough42’s transformation.

Running isn’t my idea of fun, but I walk 1-1/2 hours a day; however, my Dr. wants me to add cardio & weights.

Back