• Guest, Group Cold Roll 1018 purchase is being discussed... Participate here
  • Guest, Help us understand what we can do better in future. Click Here!

In the shop today

Bofobo

Premium Member
Well i figure i need a spot for the projects that dont require a dedicated write up. Ill start with this modified quad/dirtbike front brake ... um ... mount, its for a volt meter on one of my motorbikes image.jpg

Bofobo

Premium Member
Also today i faced up my BPC wheels but need to center the center holes and find a suitable axle. image.jpg
I also made up the plug and mounted it in the lathe to see if i could turn this size of material and i can although the steady is to small to use image.jpg this will be welded as solid as i can manage on a roller i have yet to build image.jpg

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Is that some of the 4140 stock you guys got last year?
What does 'BPC' refer to?

never mind, I get it, saw your other post

Bofobo

Premium Member
This appears to be a non legal document outlining requirements for battle reenactments. Not sure of the relevence.

Annealing sounds like a good enough reason to build the foundry expansion chamber i had planned though

Johnwa

I believe cannons are treated as antiques even if they are reproductions. Same goes for flintlocks, but amuzzle loading percussion cap gun has to be an original. I don’t think there are any restrictions on importing antique guns but I’ve never did it.

Johnwa

There’s a black powder Brit army shoot in Bowden late June. It doesn’t appear that there will ba any cannon though.
I have made contact with a fellow from Medicine Hat that’s involved in Riel Rebellion re-enactment. They have a ½ scale 9 pounder that they shoot. So far they don’t have any schedule for 2018.

Bofobo

Premium Member
As this is my general shop thread, today i start a new lantern tool post. I need one to hold my smaller boring/threading bar. Now before anyone gets into suggesting i buy a QCTP .... im broke, and i like the lantern style (yes i have used QCTP) added bonus i already have a piece of metal i can use. image.jpg

Bofobo

Premium Member
first a rough size round is cut so i can face in the lathe to dimension, i will also drill the post hole at this time before i square it up rough on the band saw so it will fit in my mill for final sizing image.jpg .... 30 minutes later i realize im hardly cutting and needed to add a few more shoes image.jpg