• Guest, Help us understand what we can do better in future. Click Here!

Forum Change Log

Jwest7788

Administrator
Premium Member
Sweet, glad it's working.

I called a colleague in Server management and got his help brainstorming solutions.

In easy to understand terms: Previously I was trying to add functionality to the forum software, the new solution was to teach the server where the forum lives how to rotate ios images.

Technical Jargon warning: Previously, I had been trying to install software onto the website that facilitated detection of hidden image metadata (EXIF) and then image rotation to compensate for the rotation data.
Instead, he pointed me towards software that can be installed at the server level that allows all PHP driven sites on the server to detect and interprit that EXIF metadata.

Either way, glad it's working now.

We still did lose some historical images due to this issue, but I can rest well knowing that I will never have to deal with that again. ;)

JW

Jwest7788

Administrator
Premium Member
We are lucky to have you josh that was a big save you made there
Happy to help.

For anyone that didn't notice, the site comment boxes (the one I am typing into now) wasn't working for a period of time yesterday, not totally sure how long, but definitely yesterday was the only day impacted!

JW

Jwest7788

Administrator
Premium Member
Revisited styles on the forum.

Removed the styles which were not being updated as well as they could have been, and created a new "New Silver and Blue Style"
--> This is based on my own personal preference, and little more. haha.

Try it out in the bottom left of the forum.

Both styles, I have updated the page layout so that the actual content area of the forum uses up 80% of the screen width, no matter how big the screen. (It used to max out at 1200px, which looked stupid on high resolution displays)

Centered the logo.

Just generally made everything look better for 4K monitors and Apple's "retina displays" for their desktop machines.

Going to keep tweaking colours later.

Jwest7788

Administrator
Premium Member
Working on an issue related to the forum's image and attachment storage.

Test: logocanadian.png

Last edited:

Jwest7788

Administrator
Premium Member
Reworked the forum layout for forum specific threads like announcements and forum changes to make it easier to see when new features are added.