DavidR8's shop shenanigans

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
So it looks like you lucked out getting the Y-Axis model instead of the X-Axis model as you got the round mounting ring. Is that correct or do they both come with that ring?

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
As far as I know the Y comes with the ring and the X comes with the plate.
I actually think that the ring could be easily made as it’s just a ring with some through holes and some tapped holes.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Kinda a silly question but have you looked at the power feeds on Amazon?
Yes, they are all outrageously expensive. I paid $186 and they refunded me money because of it being mis-advertised.

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Man, the prices really have gone stupid. I paid $180 for mine and I see it's listed anywhere from $540 to over $1k. May as well buy the Align at $540,,,,,, if it is actually an Align.

historicalarms

Ultra Member
That is a lot clicking & thumping going on compared to my Align. It almost sounds on the video that it has a "pulse" to the movement. My Align just smoothly hums away no clicking throughout the speed spectrum. Also mine appears to move the table faster with less motor rpm/whine.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
That is a lot clicking & thumping going on compared to my Align. It just smoothly hums away no clicking throughout the speed spectrum. Also mine appears to move the table faster with less motor rpm/whine.
It's definitely noisy, I may not have the gear lash just right yet. But it was only $60 :D

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Yes it is. Note that the pictures, title and description are not consistent for either an X or Y axis drive.
The box it came in said Y-Axis on the outside but the styrofoam packing was clearly for an X-axis feed as the metal collar didn't fit any of the molded areas.
When I asked about it they said not to worry it is X-axis.
When I got it it was a Y-axis drive. I complained and they refunded me money.
In the end it was OK so I feel like I made out like a bandit.

Title says Y-Axis
In the Features and Details it says X-Axis
Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 9.35.54 AM.png
Then further down it says Y-Axis.
Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 9.37.49 AM.png

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
That's a good price compared to Amazon.
Besides the BP style mounting bracket, what's the difference between the models for X and Y movement?

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Besides the BP style mounting bracket, what's the difference between the models for X and Y movement?

That's a good price compared to AliExpress to.

@David_R8 is the gearing arrangement the same between yours and this one? My other concern is that I have a 17mm lead screw not 5/8"

Craig

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I honestly don't think there's any difference. Everything in the photos looks like what I received except it doesn't show the bushing to adapt the 5/8' shaft to the inner diameter of the needle bearing inside the drive housing or the piece to extend the shaft to attach the handle.

That's a good price compared to AliExpress to.

@David_R8 is the gearing arrangement the same between yours and this one? My other concern is that I have a 17mm lead screw not 5/8"

Craig
It looks identical. When I log into my account and click on the product I ordered it goes to the link you shared.
There is plenty of wall thickness on the gear to bore it out to 17mm. 5/8" is 15.87mm so only need to open the bore by 1.13mm.
I was originally going to bore it out and put it on the right end of the table but when I saw that the gear fit perfectly on the left side it was an easy decision.