• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

DavidR8's shop shenanigans

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
So it looks like you lucked out getting the Y-Axis model instead of the X-Axis model as you got the round mounting ring. Is that correct or do they both come with that ring?

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
As far as I know the Y comes with the ring and the X comes with the plate.
I actually think that the ring could be easily made as it’s just a ring with some through holes and some tapped holes.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Kinda a silly question but have you looked at the power feeds on Amazon?
Yes, they are all outrageously expensive. I paid $186 and they refunded me money because of it being mis-advertised.

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Man, the prices really have gone stupid. I paid $180 for mine and I see it's listed anywhere from $540 to over $1k. May as well buy the Align at $540,,,,,, if it is actually an Align.

historicalarms

Ultra Member
That is a lot clicking & thumping going on compared to my Align. It almost sounds on the video that it has a "pulse" to the movement. My Align just smoothly hums away no clicking throughout the speed spectrum. Also mine appears to move the table faster with less motor rpm/whine.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
That is a lot clicking & thumping going on compared to my Align. It just smoothly hums away no clicking throughout the speed spectrum. Also mine appears to move the table faster with less motor rpm/whine.
It's definitely noisy, I may not have the gear lash just right yet. But it was only $60 :D

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Yes it is. Note that the pictures, title and description are not consistent for either an X or Y axis drive.
The box it came in said Y-Axis on the outside but the styrofoam packing was clearly for an X-axis feed as the metal collar didn't fit any of the molded areas.
When I asked about it they said not to worry it is X-axis.
When I got it it was a Y-axis drive. I complained and they refunded me money.
In the end it was OK so I feel like I made out like a bandit.

Title says Y-Axis
In the Features and Details it says X-Axis
Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 9.35.54 AM.png
Then further down it says Y-Axis.
Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 9.37.49 AM.png

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
That's a good price compared to Amazon.
Besides the BP style mounting bracket, what's the difference between the models for X and Y movement?

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Besides the BP style mounting bracket, what's the difference between the models for X and Y movement?

That's a good price compared to AliExpress to.

@David_R8 is the gearing arrangement the same between yours and this one? My other concern is that I have a 17mm lead screw not 5/8"

Craig

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I honestly don't think there's any difference. Everything in the photos looks like what I received except it doesn't show the bushing to adapt the 5/8' shaft to the inner diameter of the needle bearing inside the drive housing or the piece to extend the shaft to attach the handle.

That's a good price compared to AliExpress to.

@David_R8 is the gearing arrangement the same between yours and this one? My other concern is that I have a 17mm lead screw not 5/8"

Craig
It looks identical. When I log into my account and click on the product I ordered it goes to the link you shared.
There is plenty of wall thickness on the gear to bore it out to 17mm. 5/8" is 15.87mm so only need to open the bore by 1.13mm.
I was originally going to bore it out and put it on the right end of the table but when I saw that the gear fit perfectly on the left side it was an easy decision.