DavidR8's shop shenanigans

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
A neighbor told me once to dig a large hole 300 ft deep and put everything you think you may need someday, you will know where it is then. This guy had a 40x80 ft quonset so full of treasures you could not get in the main doors. :rolleyes:
I've met a few guys like that. Also been to a few of those estate sales. If one took a look in my barn (and sheds) they might paint me with the same brush.....

Last edited:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I've met a few guys like that. Also been to a few of those estate sales. If one took a look in my barn (and sheds) they might paint me with the same brush.....
@6.5 Fan & @Dan Dubeau

My shop/machine shed/barn is 40x80 x18high. It's full to overflowing too. On the other hand I do keep a lot of farm equipment like tractors, a sprayer, a backhoe attachment, etc in there too.

Anyways, nobody would go into my shop and think there was a lot of unused space in there. It's packed to the gills.

historicalarms

Ultra Member
You know, all that stuff that a person keeps because it might be useful one day. I just keep moving it around from place to place.
My shop was like that for years and then a greenhouse that the "Boss" worked at shut the doors and i was given the opportunity to salvage a trailer load of the warehouse racks on wheels (slightly damaged that wouldn't be saleable )that they used to move product around . Very heavily built with good strong wheels under them. I now have all my "treasures & junk on six of those racks that I can move & re-arrange easily as my floor space changes.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
All the major pieces are in their new locations.
Still need to build the lean-to for the compressor and dust collector then I will have reclaimed all the floor space.
Everything is on wheels except the metal and wood lathes, jointer, drill press.
Need to build new rolling stands for the miter saw and the thickness sander.
Lots of tidying up to do but it feels much better now.
IMG_1070.jpeg

Last edited: