• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

DavidR8's shop shenanigans

That's what hammers and grinders.....errrr fine adjustment tools are for....:p
Well done, now get it finished and making chips already. :D
Almost there.
Need to get belts, put the motor back on and reassemble the spindle.
Then it’s chip time.
Well I need to give it a thorough cleaning too.

Last edited:
Alrighty then.
Here’s the counter shaft all assembled. Spins ever so freely. Very happy with the result.
I'll tear it apart so I can prime and paint it.
Picked up key stock and link belt today so inching ever closer to full reassembly.

Attachments

• IMG_0700.jpeg
    IMG_0700.jpeg
    489.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0701.jpeg
    IMG_0701.jpeg
    422.4 KB · Views: 13
Before final assembly, try to torque the cap head screws to about 70% of their max torque -- it gives the best stiffness and helps stop them from backing out. For a 3/8" bolt about 37 ft lbs is about right. (grade 8) for metric cap head screws, it is about 25% more.

Before final assembly, try to torque the cap head screws to about 70% of their max torque -- it gives the best stiffness and helps stop them from backing out. For a 3/8" bolt about 37 ft lbs is about right. (grade 8) for metric cap head screws, it is about 25% more.
Thanks John I was wondering how tight they should be. I'll break out the torque wrench.

What model lathe is this? I can't quite picture why there are pulleys in the head stock. If you have a manual please post it.

What model lathe is this? I can't quite picture why there are pulleys in the head stock. If you have a manual please post it.
It's a Busy Bee DF-1237G, same as a Grizzly G1003.
Here's a pic of the inside of the headstock.
The thing I built is at the rear. The pulley on the left goes to the motor, and the three-step goes to the spindle.
CE9A6FD1-EEEA-48E7-8F02-B01DFCFD74BF.jpeg

Back