• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

DavidR8's shop shenanigans

Looks good, once bolted up are you going to tack all the pieces together just so nothing moves? I think I would v all the .500 joints and weld them. That way there is pretty much zero chance of warpage taking things out of alignment and it will stay aligned.

Man does that look like a nice piece of work! Is that a 2-4-6 block I see? A piece of kit I shall one day acquire...

Mine arrived today. Paid full pop at Accusize via Amazon. Definitely steel. They are rough in many ways, but assuming they meet specs, they will meet my needs. I'll qualify them shortly.

Man does that look like a nice piece of work! Is that a 2-4-6 block I see? A piece of kit I shall one day acquire...
Thanks John, appreciate it!
Those are just 123 blocks. The interior dimension between the pulleys just happens to be 3" which is super convenient.

Thanks John, appreciate it!
Those are just 123 blocks. The interior dimension between the pulleys just happens to be 3" which is super convenient.

Boy, it looks WAAAAY bigger than it is then. That's yet another compliment!

Looks good, once bolted up are you going to tack all the pieces together just so nothing moves? I think I would v all the .500 joints and weld them. That way there is pretty much zero chance of warpage taking things out of alignment and it will stay aligned.
I might tack it where the blue circles are:
I'm going to leave the top piece in the pic bolted as that make assembly/disassembly easy.
The bearings are pressed onto the shaft but I made it such that the bearing bores are a snug slip fit into the bores.
To assemble I'll put the pulley together then slip the end piece on and bolt it in place if that makes sense.

Attachments

• IMG_0691_edited.jpeg
    IMG_0691_edited.jpeg
    406.3 KB · Views: 3
Boy, it looks WAAAAY bigger than it is then. That's yet another compliment!
Thanks John. It's basically 6" long x 3" tall x ~3" at the narrow end x 4" at the wide end.
I've spent a lot of time thinking about how to make it so that it ends up aligned, is relatively easy to make with my skills and also easy to assemble/disassemble.

Back