• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

DavidR8's shop shenanigans

For me the choice is simple. I despise painting, because I suck at it. I have a magical ability to mess up a paint job, even if I'm just observing from across the street. If my focus is good, me thinking about your paint job across the country can spoil it.

So I avoid painting as much as I can. My 9 year old gantry crane might get primer on it - one day, maybe. Til then it has a great oxide patina. It is stored outside.

Is that paint on the floor? Or blood?
I reckon that after all the sanding, filling, 3 coats of primer, 2 base coats and 6 painstaking coats of clear over top of 20 hours of pinstriping hell, the poor bugger plugged it in and found it still cut a .010" taper over 20"........ coroner figures he used one of those single sided razor blades he used to trim the tape prior to painting......

I am contemplating one of those mag drills, looks like i could find uses on the farm for it. Vevor has had some good reviews on their tools, the drill sharpener for onewhich is not on the web site.

I am contemplating one of those mag drills, looks like i could find uses on the farm for it. Vevor has had some good reviews on their tools, the drill sharpener for onewhich is not on the web site.
The thing is pretty stout, probably weighs 35 pounds.

Vevor had a deal I could not refuse. $226, 1550w, variable speed.
Renting one here is 100/day.
I need it to drill the mounting holes for the lathe and then I want to drill a 2x2 pattern into my welding table.

Hey David, what is the model number? Was that a local sale?

geeze it looks like a fein.....i dont think thats by accident! lol

Edit: you have a link ? i could use a garage drill for that price

@Susquatch @phaxtris Yes it's a total Fein knock-off.
And I bought this annular cutter set.

Back