• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

DavidR8's shop shenanigans

I had a welding instructor that used to say "anything worth making is worth painting" He thought it wasn't finished if it didn't have paint on it. I tend to agree with him.

We are certainly different then! My version is that anything you are proud of should not be hidden under layers of paint!!!

Of course, that belief has to be tempered by the fact that I absolutely despise painting. Painting is right up there with getting an enema or a colonoscopy! Nah, actually it's worse than that - it's like getting a frontal lobotomy using a eurethral endoscope with a rotary boring mechanism.

Back