• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

DavidR8's shop shenanigans

Attachments

• PXL_20231018_230844788.jpg
    PXL_20231018_230844788.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 14
  • PXL_20231018_230835603.jpg
    PXL_20231018_230835603.jpg
    412 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I'm sure there are lots of variations but the bottom looks identical to the one at Peavey Mart yesterday.
Same sticker on the front. $250.00 at Peavey
Sadly we don't have Peavey Mart here :(
I have the bigger version of this box and I'm very happy with it.
This one will replace a much smaller version with a two-door cabinet on the bottom which I find completely useless.
Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 15-38-45 Tool Chests & Tool Cabinets - Homedepot.ca.webp

Last edited:
It's an Alberta, Sask, and Manitoba thing. [update: there's one in Kamloops now!]

They are all over Ontario too. They used to be called Tractor Supply and then changed their name to TSC, and now it is Peavey Mart.

I liked the old names better. Peavey Mart sounds like a cheesy dollar store.

The pandemic hasn't helped businesses. I've been trying to get an order at a large electronics distributor processed all week, I spoke to a rep. today and they said that it is still getting in their way with order interruptions so for such a big and successful company like them to still be wrestling with it, it shows it isn't trivial.

That said, when I hear a western company talk about the east, often they mean Ontario.....but we can hope.

D :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
When asked if Universities in the West were better than those in the East, I remember reminding a group of University Student Presidents at a conference that if you go far enough west, you actually end up in the Maritimes and then Quebec and then Ontario.

They thought that was hilarious. Then again, they had a few drinks in them by then....

Cut up all the steel for the lathe stand today.
Tacked most of it together.
The MIG180 is very impressive, 3/16 steel, running 20.8v, 340 ipm with .035 wire.

As you might know, I have a 180 too. But it's still a major mystery to me.....

Is that Flux cored 035 or do you run gas instead?

As you might know, I have a 180 too. But it's still a major mystery to me.....

Is that Flux cored 035 or do you run gas instead?
I run 75/25. 25 cfh
I’m super impressed by it so far, very smooth arc. The only thing that’s a bit odd is the wire speed only changes when you strike an arc. If you crank it up to 425 in/min nothing changes till you strike an arc.
I thought something was wrong at first.

Back