• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

DavidR8's shop shenanigans

Please share how you do this as much as is reasonable. I'd love to watch you and learn more about using my own MIG 180.
Will do. I bought 3x3x 3/16 wall for the legs and 1x2 x1/8 wall for the stretchers.

Will look something like this. Roughly 24" deep x 60" long with space underneath for a tool cabinet.
The cross braces in the top will coincide with wherever the feet are on the lathe.

Screenshot 2023-10-06 144243.png

I asked mine just now too. Also asked her about my mental health. Her response was similar to your wife's except there were some 4 letter words included. The gist of it was that my mental health was the least of her concerns. Something about dead men not needing functional brains.

When I was shopping for a chop saw all I wanted was the 10" blade, my darling, beautiful, gorgeous wife says "why don't you get the bigger one?". The sales guy asked if she had a sister.

When we were both in the yard on the end of shovels and wheelbarrows, this same wonderful woman asks "why don't we have a tractor to do this?"

@David_R8 - we must be doing something right, gotta be the island life.

When I was shopping for a chop saw all I wanted was the 10" blade, my darling, beautiful, gorgeous wife says "why don't you get the bigger one?". The sales guy asked if she had a sister.

When we were both in the yard on the end of shovels and wheelbarrows, this same wonderful woman asks "why don't we have a tractor to do this?"

@David_R8 - we must be doing something right, gotta be the island life.
I'm going to be "Topper" here. Earlier this summer our neighbors at the cabin put their lot up for sale. They used to run a sawmill and heavy equipment and never worried about my smithy noise.
So my sweety came out to my workshop while I was wallopping away with the power hammer and said "you know, that's really loud. We need to buy next door so we don't upset the new neighbors".
We close next week.

Yeah, there's something in the water, I'm pretty sure.

Back