• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

DavidR8's shop shenanigans

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Just make sure your incoming air is actually cooler. Does not help the situation if it's coming off the hot asphalt in front of the doors....

Sometimes it's just easier to suck in cooler air from under some shade trees than it is to blow out hot air.
Our driveway is gravel but the person door is always in shade so I stick a box fan in the door and crack the overhead doors open. Makes a difference but I can feel the heat off the roof.

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Growing up we lived in a mobile home, Dad would put the sprinkler on the roof to cool things down. Don'y know if you want to try that with the water restrictions but it's a thought.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Growing up we lived in a mobile home, Dad would put the sprinkler on the roof to cool things down. Don'y know if you want to try that with the water restrictions but it's a thought.
I've thought of that but I cringe at the idea. We do have a massive clematis growing up the side of the garage. We going to train it up and other the roof :D

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member

This is a GREAT idea. There are thousands of factories around that are too big to air condition. Roof watering is often done to keep inside temperatures down.

In Phoenix Arizona, sidewalk misters also keep the temp down.

Might not be great for corrosion though......

How about a vented fake roof to add shade?

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
This is a GREAT idea. There are thousands of factories around that are too big to air condition. Roof watering is often done to keep inside temperatures down.

In Phoenix Arizona, sidewalk misters also keep the temp down.

Might not be great for corrosion though......

How about a vented fake roof to add shade?
We’re on stage 3 water restrictions here already so I’d be in all kinds of trouble for watering the roof.

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
Shoot'n sticks....the more legs the better....or my picnic table with that hole in it from a hail stone. I was mad when that storm poked that hole but it is perfectly positioned to anchor my elbow from sliding out from under me when trying to still put those damn holes one inside the other.
I was using an old sock filled with sand on top of my range bag for 300 yards

Good to know you cheat with your shooting table, hole in hole is a goal we gonna get to LOL

shootin’ sticks is a whole ‘nother rabbit hole to explore

you old boys both teach and sandbag at the same time, it’s impressive, I will tip my hat to you, sir

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
Shoot'n sticks....the more legs the better....or my picnic table with that hole in it from a hail stone. I was mad when that storm poked that hole but it is perfectly positioned to anchor my elbow from sliding out from under me when trying to still put those damn holes one inside the other.
People whine and complain about precipitation in Vancouver, but our rain has never punched a hole in a picnic table. WTF kind of hail do you get?

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
People whine and complain about precipitation in Vancouver, but our rain has never punched a hole in a picnic table. WTF kind of hail do you get?

Been a long time since I was working a Prairie grain field but let's put it this way. Farmers in the prairies can get hail wind and duck damage insurance.

You have not lived till you see the sky get dark at noon hour as a trillion ducks decend on your wheat fields. Even guns don't scare them. But the hail does.... Deadly stuff!

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I’ve seen golf ball size hail when I lived in Calgary. Beat the living crap out of my house and my folks’ camper when they were caught in it.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
When I bought our 'newest car', a 2 year old Mazda, 3 months later we got one of the big hail storms. The first time ever having comprehensive insurance. 3000$ damage to the bodywork. At least my windshield didn't break. like some of my neighbors!

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
On a completely different subject…the Honda CB360T that I bought was last registered in 1997. The Ontario registration iwas signed by the seller on September 9, 2020 and the mileage reading of 9325 miles. Exactly the same as is is today.

Attachments

• IMG_0224.jpeg
    IMG_0224.jpeg
    666.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0223.jpeg
    IMG_0223.jpeg
    484.4 KB · Views: 0