• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

DavidR8's shop shenanigans

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
G
Nice. Kind of glad to hear that it won't get chopped up. Mine was missing too much to try and restore. On my budget at the time anyway. I appreciate an original classic now more than I used to also.
There are some mods that I like such as the flat tracker-style or the classic British cafe style. But the majority of the cafe style or bobber bikes I see now don’t really do anything for me.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Spent a bunch of time building the stand for the mill over the weekend.
Will shoot a pic when it’s not 3000 degrees outside.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
It was only 25 here today but flat roof shop with no roof insulation is brutal.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I have one of these installed on the ceiling that’s piped to a roof vent I also have a control from Princess Auto for the temperature range control.

View attachment 36224
That’s a great idea!
I have one for exhaust from my lasers. I could temporarily disconnect it and use it to suck out hot air.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
That’s a great idea!
I have one for exhaust from my lasers. I could temporarily disconnect it and use it to suck out hot air.

Just make sure your incoming air is actually cooler. Does not help the situation if it's coming off the hot asphalt in front of the doors....

Sometimes it's just easier to suck in cooler air from under some shade trees than it is to blow out hot air.