• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

DavidR8's shop shenanigans

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I can vouch for that. lol
Look after yourself and if I can lend a hand with anything don't hesitate to give me a call.

Thanks mate, I expect to return to active duty tomorrow sometime. Thursday at the latest. Really appreciate everyone’s support!

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Small update on my health.
I’ve been admitted to hospital with multiple pulmonary embolisms.
Not the end of the world but not to be trifled with.
On a positive note, the vendor for the power feed unit refunded me $120 of the $168 total cost due to misrepresentation of the product and failure to communicate with me.
Wow that ain't no fun! Glad to hear your being taken care of and are on the mend. Sending you good vibes your way.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Wow that ain't no fun! Glad to hear your being taken care of and are on the mend. Sending you good vibes your way.

Thanks mate, it’s a risk I’ve run since 2004 when I first developed the blood clot in my leg.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Thanks mate, it’s a risk I’ve run since 2004 when I first developed the blood clot in my leg.
Take care David...we need you here :)

I had a acquaintance with the same condition. He was a kale addict. Apparently there is a connection between certain foods and this condition.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Take care David...we need you here :)

I had a acquaintance with the same condition. He was a kale addict. Apparently there is a connection between certain foods and this condition.

Thanks Pete, seems you’re stuck with me!
Between my partner and excellent medical care I’m in good hands :)

Kale (and most leafy green veggies) are high in vitamin K which is the antidote to anticoagulants. I expect that your acquaintance probably raised his clotting factor too high.

If I have to have surgery they will give me a shot of vitamin K so that I don’t bleed out.

Last edited:

trlvn

Ultra Member
In a wild stroke of luck they released me!
So no risk of food related illness!
Take good care and best wishes for a full and speedy recovery. I'm sure they've got you on quite a regime at home. I had to do Fragmin injections (blood thinner) for 4 weeks after surgery recently. I coerced my wife into administering them. She's game but if she had any inclination to go into health care, she wouldn't have spent all these years in banking! My GP was able to give her some coaching and then we both did much better.

Craig

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
The pics were all X-axis feeds and I had asked about that. Their response was completely nonsense and said everything was fine.

What are the differences between what you got and what you thought you were getting?

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Take good care and best wishes for a full and speedy recovery. I'm sure they've got you on quite a regime at home. I had to do Fragmin injections (blood thinner) for 4 weeks after surgery recently. I coerced my wife into administering them. She's game but if she had any inclination to go into health care, she wouldn't have spent all these years in banking! My GP was able to give her some coaching and then we both did much better.

Craig

Thanks Craig, between the docs and my partner I’m getting good care.
I’ve had heparin injections in the past and they were not fun. Tiny needles, big pain!
Thankfully I get to skip that torture this time.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
What are the differences between what you got and what you thought you were getting?

The bracket that attaches to the table is what’s missing. I can easily make one so it’s not a big deal just annoying. Especially when the styrofoam packaging had a spot for it.

Crankit

Heal up quick David! I hope you have a laptop with Fusion on it for you can design up some projects while you heal.:)

Cheers

Wayne

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Heal up quick David! I hope you have a laptop with Fusion on it for you can design up some projects while you heal.:)

Cheers

Wayne

Thanks Wayne, I do have my laptop with Fusion on it.
I’ve been putting in as much practice as my brain can handle :)

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
David_R8 - I've still got the BP style mount that came with my PF, if you can use it it's yours.
Gosh that'd be great. That would save me a bunch of layout and machining steps!
No great rush, let me know your schedule and we can sort out delivery.