DavidR8's shop shenanigans

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Yesterday I got started on the power feed for my RF30 clone.
I bought a cheap Vevor powerfeed that I'll have to adapt to fit. Need to enlarge the bore of the gear first. Got it dialed in the 4-jaw yesterday while my sweetie watched, completely intrigued by the process. She asked if she could watch the boring but I didn't feel well enough to try it. So today I sit on the couch trying to beat off whatever malady ails me.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Small update on my health.
I’ve been admitted to hospital with multiple pulmonary embolisms.
Not the end of the world but not to be trifled with.
On a positive note, the vendor for the power feed unit refunded me $120 of the $168 total cost due to misrepresentation of the product and failure to communicate with me.

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
Small update on my health.
I’ve been admitted to hospital with multiple pulmonary embolisms.
Not the end of the world but not to be trifled with.
On a positive note, the vendor for the power feed unit refunded me $120 of the $168 total cost due to misrepresentation of the product and failure to communicate with me.
Dang it
Speedy recovery

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Miss your wild and wacky shop projects all ready. Not much fun being laid up in sick bay unless the nurses are too cute. LOL

Take care, hurry back because we miss you!

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
.On a positive note, the vendor for the power feed unit refunded me $120 of the $168 total cost due to misrepresentation of the product and failure to communicate with me.

What's the story on the power feed? What was misrepresented? You got $120 back and kept the PF?

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
What's the story on the power feed? What was misrepresented? You got $120 back and kept the PF?

The pics were all X-axis feeds and I had asked about that. Their response was completely nonsense and said everything was fine.
So I guess they felt badly and gave me back a bunch of money for my trouble.
Thanks for all the well wishes. I’m getting great care!

francist

Super User
Wow David, sorry to hear that. I was almost to the point of shooting you a note today just to check in, hadn’t heard from your usual self lately. Get well and back to the shop soon.

-frank

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Wow David, sorry to hear that. I was almost to the point of shooting you a note today just to check in, hadn’t heard from your usual self lately. Get well and back to the shop soon.

-frank

Thanks Frank, I’m an edge case apparently. All my vitals are completely normal but they want to run some additional tests.
I’ll do my level best to get better soon!