• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

DavidR8's shop shenanigans

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Yeah it's hard to know whether the picture or the description is incorrect with these guys. I gambled that the description was accurate and the picture was generic and got lucky. They do respond to emails at support@vevor.ca so you could try that before they ship. They were slow to ship my order and responded quickly after I emailed to ask why. It was shortly after Christmas and they were very busy but responded the same day.
Thanks John, I've emailed them. We shall see what they say.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I'll lose some, I don't think it will be that much though. I'll take some measurements late today.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I guess it could be considered usable if you need it.
I just measured my table.
I have 18” of table that has T-slots.
If I line up the vertical edge of the table with the base and mark it with the edge of the Y-axis casting and then crank to the end of the T-slots I will lose 4” of travel to the left.
This isn’t a concern to me as I don’t have any need to have that much travel.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
This is the arrangement I have now.
I may make a thicker mounting block which will space the drive further out from the table. I have some leeway because of the depth of the hub that carries the vernier markings.
139434155_409845176948618_6873251031278507514_n.jpg

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Got you now. Ya, mine if roll pinned on right side as well. So does the PF have to be mounted on the right side?

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
It doesn’t have to be but if mounted on the left the controls will be on the back.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
No, I'm extremely right handed :D
I need to make a duct cover to cover the bevel gear. Even though I never use the dial I will include the indicator mark.
139434155_409845176948618_6873251031278507514_n.jpg

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Yeah it's hard to know whether the picture or the description is incorrect with these guys. I gambled that the description was accurate and the picture was generic and got lucky. They do respond to emails at support@vevor.ca so you could try that before they ship. They were slow to ship my order and responded quickly after I emailed to ask why. It was shortly after Christmas and they were very busy but responded the same day.

Well I sent an email to Vevor and haven’t received a response.
Not sure what to think of that but not great service.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Spent some time today on shop storage projects.
Built a drawer for the lathe bench.
8ea5490dce0bd210c0bae8abf5c809f6.jpg

71a09826e4c0da5e370a6e465874f43b.jpg

And a chuck storage rack
4a60df526526f83198c6159accb405e1.jpg