• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

DavidR8's shop shenanigans

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
I like the accusisze bxa holders and bought a set of er40 collets (imperial and metric sets), which are fine because 1) I don’t know better 2) are more accurate than my abilities at this time

The collet sets are well packaged (nice case) and all were individually wrapped

All off of Amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
David, can u post a picture of the collet chuck from a 45 degree view from the back? Would like to see the back side w/threads etc

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
All my BXA tool holders are Accusize, except for the few Aloris that came with my toolpost. They fit perfectly, and seem well made.

Good intel on the collets from Accusize, Thanks!

johnnielsen

John (Makonjohn)
Premium Member
Thanks Peter,
I use CCMT and DCMT also. I’ll admit to having cheap import inserts which don’t make me cry if they chip but I’ve never had much luck getting good finishes with them.
I have some Korloy CCMTs and DCMTs on order as I’m curious about the difference between cheap and quality carbide.

One of these days, I am going to order some hi speed inserts and tool holders from https://www.arwarnerco.com/ . I have heard good things about their hi speed steel inserts made of T15 steel.

Tom O

Ultra Member
I bought some angle gauge blocks and some expanding mandrels from them through Amazon the last of them came today not unboxed yet though.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
From what I have seen & bought, Accusize is pretty much the exact same (Chinese) stuff you would find in our normal places. Sometimes the price/shipping/time makes it more attractive, sometimes not. As someone mentioned, sometimes its better to buy their stuff through their Amazon store, it can be net cheaper with Prime.

Tom O

Ultra Member
Here is the accusize angle blocks they look good but are not marked by angle on them.
0C7718B0-F349-4F45-A507-CA8B02A9FC61.jpeg

Expandable mandrels for common diameters
15B06CC0-E8AA-4520-9834-03C86D5EFA08.jpeg

These are the adjustable mandrels for odd size bores.
5405779E-1335-4EA9-BF07-EBFD8B86AD7F.jpeg

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
David, can u post a picture of the collet chuck from a 45 degree view from the back? Would like to see the back side w/threads etc

Here’s a shot of the back.
eb4b3a236aa5a845bfaa205fa13fedcb.jpg

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Inspired by @John Conroy Y-axis power feed I splurged on the same unit that I will adapt to my RF30 clone.
Going to follow much the same approach as PragmaticLee

Last edited:

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
No idea what’s going on there.
I looked at all of them on Vevor and elsewhere and they are all identical except for small details.

Last edited:

John Conroy

Premium Member
Yeah it's hard to know whether the picture or the description is incorrect with these guys. I gambled that the description was accurate and the picture was generic and got lucky. They do respond to emails at support@vevor.ca so you could try that before they ship. They were slow to ship my order and responded quickly after I emailed to ask why. It was shortly after Christmas and they were very busy but responded the same day.