• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

DavidR8's shop shenanigans

You could do worse. I am frankly concerned about the Weiss/BB quality. When I visited the BB showroom last, I was unimpressed. But with some work, I think it can be made into a good lathe, but it's fitments wre lousey.
I've got the CX707 and am very pleased with the lathe (more so than the KIng), as to the smaller lathe I did consider it as it did save $2k but I agree it seemed to be lacking something in terms of final fitment which is why I ended up with the CX707.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I've got the CX707 and am very pleased with the lathe (more so than the KIng), as to the smaller lathe I did consider it as it did save $2k but I agree it seemed to be lacking something in terms of final fitment which is why I ended up with the CX707.
I desperately wish there was a way for me to lay my hands on these machines. Particularly the milling machines.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Not only those that live on an island......:(

Congrats on the Clausing, and what's the bike?

D :cool:
Thanks!
Bike is a 1989 Honda NT650. I bought it in 2019, did a bunch of work on it but lost interest. Sold it for what I paid.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Last night I'm doing the paperwork for the bike sale.
Filling out the transfer form.
Vehicle make....Honda
Year.... 1988
Model.... NT650
VIN..... JH....
Registration number....

Look at my newly minted registration for the registration number... WTH? This isn't the right VIN or the right vehicle.

Somehow the agent registered a 2014 Ford Focus under my name.