DavidR8's shop shenanigans

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Did you look at the Weiss WBL290F? The 290 has D1-4 spindle, 1.5 spindle bore and separate feed rod but it does take up a bit more real estate.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Did you look at the Weiss WBL290F? The 290 has D1-4 spindle, 1.5 spindle bore and separate feed rod but it does take up a bit more real estate.
Yeah, that one is my 'screw the mill' lathe. I have a DDP quote of $3130USD or $4200CDN.
It's very nice, I watched all the videos on the Weiss YT channel.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
The CX701 is bolt on.

Is the 290 a candidate for ELS as well?
Ok that's a big plus in the 290 column....
For sure, all of them are ELS candidates in my mind. The 290 has the advantage of separate drive and lead screws.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
The CX701 dimensions are 55"w x 27"D.
My SB was 51"W x 39"D
As you know it was the depth that was a deal killer. A full 12" shallower makes a huge difference in a 9ft W x 13" L space.
The motorcycle will be gone Saturday AM and the lift will be sold adding to the machine fund.

Am I talking myself into the 290?

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
Speaking of Weiss and totally off topic (of course) anyone have any idea of how to convince the browser to not take up half the page with the menu selections etc. Literally half the page is useless.

1680581571887.png

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Speaking of Weiss and totally off topic (of course) anyone have any idea of how to convince the browser to not take up half the page with the menu selections etc. Literally half the page is useless.

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking John. When I look at your photo, only the top two bars are driven by the browser. The rest is driven by the website.

Send us a link. Perhaps I can figure out how to reduce the clutter.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member

View attachment 33223
You are on their European site.
Go here instead: