• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

DavidR8's shop shenanigans

Almost to the point of freeing up @jcdammeyer's parking spot. lol
So close, yet so far away :)
I’m going to capitalize on the fact that the shop is almost empty and paint the floor, remaining walls and the inside of the garage doors.
So a couple of weeks before I can move stuff back inside.

Yahoo. More time for the rest of us to do at least one project before you go zooming past. :p

Wedding plans here so no more projects till winter......

Wife wants the barn cleaned up to her standards. Ain't gunna happen. But there will be a dry place to hide if it rains.

Almost everyone gets more done than I do so no real embarrassment ......

If that thing will dehumidify, you might want a lower temp in summer to ensure that air in the condenser reaches the dew point. Can't see you complaining about too cold.

How much of your 60A does that thing eat?
Most of these modern heat pumps have cycles that allow them to perform loads of latent cooling without much sensible cooling as well, so there is no need to suffer cool air just for the sake or getting dryer air.

Most of these modern heat pumps have cycles that allow them to perform loads of latent cooling without much sensible cooling as well, so there is no need to suffer cool air just for the sake or getting dryer air.
This unit has a dry setting though I suspect with our low humidity it won’t be necessary.

This unit has a dry setting though I suspect with our low humidity it won’t be necessary.
I'm not sure just where you're located but I'm surprised to hear any coastal BC area has low humidity. I guess I need to visit more to experience more of the climate.

We installed several mitsubishi ductless heat pumps in my friend's wood shop in Guelph because here in summer you really need to dehumidify or face all sorts of issues with all your expensive kiln dried lumber.

I wish more of the pics were working so I could see just how nice a large shop looks... but maybe the forum is protecting members from developing jealousy issues ;)

I'm not sure just where you're located but I'm surprised to hear any coastal BC area has low humidity. I guess I need to visit more to experience more of the climate.

We installed several mitsubishi ductless heat pumps in my friend's wood shop in Guelph because here in summer you really need to dehumidify or face all sorts of issues with all your expensive kiln dried lumber.

I wish more of the pics were working so I could see just how nice a large shop looks... but maybe the forum is protecting members from developing jealousy issues ;)
It's currently pouring rain and the humidity is at 62%. In the summer it might hit 75% but I've seen it as low as 15%. Winter (Nov/Dec) are highest at 90% or so.

Back